World Racing Series

I was impressed by demo a year ago ... and 6 months back again... and last December too :).
With full game, I made some .ini files tweaks which I found on WRS forum, set graphic optimization through Radeon Pro (AA, AF ...) and WRS became what I want to have in front of my face. The funny thing is, I enjoy the most with F 2000, maybe because i drove it in demo, but I will find time to know F3000 and BMW a bit more next couple days. Today I will try to find some more feelings on the track(s) and do a good setup, because on Phillip Island, I am still almost 4 seconds behind the best times.

Hmm, good to know :) Gives us some updates on how you felt (FFB, physics etc) about the cars too please.

Is there some online activity or not yet?

cheers

Hi.
It is hard to say ... or compare physics with some other games on this stage of development, but drive little formulas fast is quite a challenge. Sadly, FFB is very poor and I am disappointed with wheel feeling, there are also couple bugs, but OK, the game is still in beta version. Multiplayer is completely dead ( http://stats.worldracingseries.net/servers.php ) I don`t know why, because servers are up :(.
Well, I hope the game will develop to something little more serious in future month/years, because there is a big potential.

Couple bugs (bumps) on the track:

Nope this is it. It was released quickly due to the problems that beta 2 made to the handling of the winged cars.
it also incorporates the sever changes that KRP got.. dont know much more than that.
no extra car added:(
ive yet to test it..

I gave the beta3 a test yesterday and liked :) Is it only me or the graphics/texture/reflections seem a bit old? Did not bother me that much, but I kinda noticed it.

Also noticed that the FFB strength is very very soft (the wheel has no FFB) when the car is not moving or moving slow. Did anyone notice that?

check to see if its in 16 bit or 32...
mine looks very good...:)
the FFB is light but the wheel loads up in a corner with direction change and under braking..

It's on 32. I mean, graphics are not bad, but I thought they should be better. Anyway, I like it though. True, the wheel loads up in corners and when not going slow. But when idle or slow, its very soft for my taste, with no damping at all.

I think that this game should be given more importance but yeah, it needs some little polishing in some areas.

Beta4 WIP
Changelog so far:
fix: G27 leds
fix: max ping warning
new: blacklist
new: dedicated server chat
new: possibility to change the helmet model
new: plugins track centerline

And a new car.
screen31.jpgscreen32.jpg

What happened with Piboso forum and everything else? I haven`t been there for a long time and now it`s completely closed.
http://www.piboso.com/
http://forums.piboso.com/index.php
From what I gathered forums closed on friday. Supposedly he did this because he didn't want to be bothered when preparing next beta.
Clearly this is some bullshit because in one move all modding community got screwed up. All tracks, skins, screenshots, videos, plugins, links, technical data, bug reports, everything was in this forum. I also spent a lot of time writing plugins for WRS but now it obviously means nothing.

Another reason why such companies should have their forum here at RD. #wedontclose
Well you are right, Now I also see it but as always hindsight is 20/20. Not everyday developer tries to destroy community.

World Racing Series Beta4 Released!

Changelog:
fix: clutch simulation
fix: slipstream
fix: force feedback
fix: G27 leds
fix: max ping warning
fix: pause / resume bugs
fix: car selection page for direct connection
fix: send setup changed to shared setup
fix: xml export
fix: penalties export
fix: admin page
fix: rain drops on visor
fix: skids and water wakes on concrete and kerbs
fix: free camera speed controls
fix: alpha sort
new: jpeg screenshots
new: blacklist
new: dedicated server chat
new: possibility to change the helmet model
new: output plugins track centerline
new: setup export
new: race start sound
new: brake bias direct control
new: replay camera controls
new: force feedback linearity
new: force feedback deadzone
new: possibility to disable the track help
new: possibility to disable auto-brake
new: possibility to disable cockpit info

http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=downloads

World Series Racing 2.jpg

The exceptionally talented PiBoSo has released beta build 11 of the impressive World Racing Series simulation for Windows PC.

Released just a couple of days ago, the new beta 11 build for World Racing Series weighs in at 552 MB and contains a number of fixes to both simulation aspects and online multiplayer elements of the game. With VR support improvements, enhancements to cut track rules and other minor and major developments the beta 11 build is a nice update to a game that already performs remarkably well.

For those of you maybe not so familiar with the work of PiBoSo, World Racing Series is an independently developed racing simulation that contains a raft of unlicensed racing vehicles covering a range of different motorsport styles. The physicals and level of detail within the game are incredibly impressive, especially considering the status as an independent game, and bring to the player a very satisfying driving experience cram packed with features missing from some more established names.

The new build changelog can be read in full below, plus a couple of videos showcasing some of the different content found within the simulator.

Beta 11 Changelog:
  • fix: tyre simulation bug
  • fix: dirt simulation
  • fix: improved steer simulation
  • fix: multiplayer improvements
  • fix: replay rotation
  • fix: replay engine sound
  • fix: remote cars engine sound
  • fix: remote cars dirt on tyres
  • fix: track cutting penalty
  • fix: duplicate controls check
  • fix: paint saved for each car and helmet
  • fix: number of centerline segments
  • fix: VR user interface list boxes
  • new: rear steer
  • New: LAN direct connect
  • new: controls linearity over 100%
  • new: controls state
  • new: misc controllers profiles
  • new: stagger models
  • new: IK links debug
W.I.P Sprint Cars Video
W.I.P Caterham Video
W.I.P Rallycross Video

About the Game:

World Racing Series is a realistic car simulator, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates vehicle dynamics and setup options.
As such a force-feedback steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are supported.

World Racing Series also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

Features:
  • Automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • Dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • Wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • Dynamic marbles generation
  • Tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • Dynamic terrain deformation
  • Wet terrain simulation
  • User-selectable driver gestures
  • Output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • A plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated car
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • Support for custom paint schemes for car, helmet and suit
  • Tools and documentation are provided to allow advanced users to build and integrate new tracks, cars, helmets and more
  • Oculus Rift support.

Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: 256 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries
If possible, make sure graphics drivers are updated to the latest official version.

World Series Racing is a multi discipline racing title from the talented PiBSO. Available for PC you can purchase the game directly from the World Series Racing website.

World Series Racing 3.jpg
World Series Racing.jpg

You can discuss PiBoSo games Kart Racing PRO, World Racing Series, MX-Bikes, GP-Bikes plus other titles in our Other Racing Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Do you play any of the PiBoSo games, if so what do you think? How does the new World Racing Series update feel? Would you recommend any of the PiBoSo games to your fellow RD readers, if so why? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back