• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

World Racing Series

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bram Hengeveld, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,389
    Developer PiBoSo released their new game called World Racing Series: www.worldracingseries.net

The game is in alpha stage but you can already enjoy a few features:
    - two tracks
    - a FWD touring car
    - a formula car
    - online racing
    - hotlap recording

As an extra bonus, purchasing World Racing Series license also unlocks PiBoSo's previous release: the full version of GP Bikes www.gp-bikes.com

Attached Files:

2. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Quite good!:)

3. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito

Ratings:
    +30
    i dont get it, ive already bought gp-bikes but how do i buy this on its own?

4. Rob Every

Rob Every

Ratings:
    +85
    Utter rot

Tried it and as soon as I got in teh car my wheel just started spinnign from rotation to rotation without any warning.

Had to turn the computer off at the button to stop it and this after calibrating everything perfectly

Why cant these developers test games on more than themselves. Deary me

INstalled and uninstalled in half an hour, sorry.

5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,690
    It's in alpha stage yet. So i believe this kind of ( Up ) bugs are natural :)

6. Howard Motz

Howard Motz

Ratings:
    +3
    I like it and had no problems. I have a bit of an unusal set up too. XP64bit. Dual Monitor in span mode. Worked great. It drives beautiful. (great physics). Like the rain and how the grass stuck to the tires after an off. Just get the TrackIR working, as I need that for any games. I'll be looking for the Full release.

7. Leprekaun

Leprekaun
    Speed is good, consistency is better Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    World Racing Series - AVG detected a Trojan in the setup file, is it a false alarm?

Hi there. I recently got World Racing Series but I'm a little apprehensive about installing it. I have AVG Free 2011 and its detected a trojan called "Trojan horse Generic20.ANOP" so does anyone know if this real or is it just a false alarm? Thank you.

8. Alberto Montanari

Alberto Montanari

Ratings:
    +14
    no problem

9. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    PiBoSo released a first alpha video of World Racing Series, a racing simulation offering several cars & tracks.
    PiBoSo has shifted his attention more towards his Kart Racing Pro & GPBikes projects but World Racing Series is very much alive and kicking as a new preview video shows.

The video shows a lap around the Victoria Circuit in the FR2000 open wheeler. Regarding the title’s features, PiBoSo says: “It has no DX11, no laser scanned tracks, and I don’t care!”
    For more info you can check out the World Racing Series website.

Here is the video:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    Minimum system requirements:
    Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
    Processor: 2.0 GHz
    RAM: 1 GB
    Video Card: 256 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
    DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,453
    i remember this when i first got my pc... it was a bit jumpy but when it all came together it was good.... ( dare i say netkar feel)

12. Frank Rogge

Frank Rogge

Ratings:
    +67
  13. Vinicius Ferreira

Vinicius Ferreira

Ratings:
    +86
    someone tried it on windows 98?:confused:

14. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    Downloading now

15. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +482
    Is this a job resume?

16. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    What do you mean with that?

17. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +482
    I don't really understand the point of this game....it's not as good as netkar for FFB and has very little content, so why would anyone buy this at all.......so I thought he was showing his work and looking for employment amongst the established sim developers.

18. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    Offcourse he doesn't. Currently it is in Beta and PiBoSo has a one man team. Content will come in the future Beta's. Why would he want to search for a job at ''established sim developers'' by working on 3 sims? There are more easy ways of getting a job at ISI or SimBin.

19. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +482
    Good luck to him, but I don't think this has the steering precision or FFB of netkar, and soon we'll have rf2, AC, GSC update/Reiza projects/GTR3 and IMO, these type of smaller games won't be welcomed by the sim community anymore as they look way too old and don't have superior physics/FFB IMO.

20. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +743
    Don't you understand what I said? The content will come later. Now it's all about optimizing and fixing bugs wich IMO is the most important. The physics and FFB are constantly being worked on. Take for example Kart Racing Pro: Every Beta has had a lot of changes in the physics engine, making it more realistic in every Beta.

• Like Like x 1