1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

World Endurance Challenge Season 3

Discussion in 'Xbox One | World Endurance Challenge' started by Michael Watts, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Multi-class competition
    3 classes determined though voting are as follows: LMP2, GT3, GTLM*
    -Five Drivers Per Class, total of 15 Drivers with Remaining slot filled by Wildcard in one of the three classes.
    -No more than 2 person's per Team per Class. Teams can have entry's in each Class.
    -Team Oriented Series, Up to Three drivers can share the same Car**, and Points.
    If you think you might miss some races you can have a back-up driver fill in or split the season for
    Team points. There will still be individual points give to each driver.
    -Points will be distributed per class so there will be essentially 3 Class Winners Per Race.
    -Cars will be chosen by Lowest in Points First, leaving last spot chosen by 2016 Points Champion.
    -No Car changes permitted without forfeiting current points earned by that car/manufacturer
    -Class changes will be permitted only if you Trade Cars with someone else in another class.

LMP2 Class 4 cars eligible:
    Alpine (single livery)
    Merek RP219D
    Oreca 03 LMP2
    RWD P20
    GT3 8 cars eligible:
    Aston Martin V12
    Audi R8 LMS
    Bentley Continental
    BMW Z4
    McLaren MP4
    Mercedes SLS AMG
    Mercedes AMG
    RUF RGT-8
    GTLM* 4 Cars eligible:
    Aston Martin V8 GTE
    Corvette C7.R
    Cadillac ATS-V.R
    Ginetta G55
    Schedule:
    Starting in early 2017 Dates TBD
    Round 1.Silverstone GP: 2 hr event
    Round 2.Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP: 1 hr event
    Round 3.Rouen Les Essarts: 1 hour event
    Round 4.La Mans: 2 hr event
    Round 5.Spa Franchorchamps: 2 hr event
    Round 6.Nurburgring Nordschliefe Combined: 1 hour event
    Round 7.Imola: 1 hour event
    Round 8.Watkins Glen: 2 hours event
    Round 9. Sonoma: 1 hour event
    Round 10.Sakitto GP: 2 hours event
    Round 11.Zhuhai: 1 hour event
    Round 12.Ruapuna GP: 1 hour event
    Round 13.Bathurst: 1 hour event
    Round 14.Dubai GP: 2 hours

Points Per Position:
    1 hour events. Double Points for 2 hour events.
    1st 25
    2nd 21
    3rd 18
    4th 15
    5th 12
    6th 9
    Pole Bonus point for each class: 1 point.
    Since Participation in the League is dependant upon its success
    A Participation Bonus of 5 points per Race attended may also be given to each driver at the end of the year
    Example 10 races attended= 50 bonus Points at years end.

2. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff
    2015 pCars World Endurance Challenge AM Champion Premium Member

I am in. I will probably be giving up the Vacation breaker position if this schedule that I work remains. My issue will be from February until mid March. Major work planned in my section that I work in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Run as a team and plan out your races with a Teammate

4. -Team Oriented Series, Up to Three drivers can share the same Car**, and Points.
    What do you mean here Mike? bit confused...
    -Cars will be chosen by Lowest in Points First, leaving last spot chosen by 2016 Points Champion.
    sorry but I disagree with this man, no further incentive or any reward to try win the current season. Could even encourage dropping down the table on purpose at this point. Instead of doing winner first though, how about the order is based on total races attended in WEC overall or something.This gives fair choice to the loyal people of the series and prevents the winner or loser of 2016 championship from having any unjustified (in one case) advantage/disadvantage. Or at least another system here because this one rewards loyal high finishers with :poop:

Looking forward to it though, still not sure what to run yet. Suppose I have all winter to think about it :whistling::D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If we have 15 drivers confirmed, we can split into 5 groups of 3 for teams (no teams in the same class). Each member of every 3 man teams runs in a different class representing their team against class competitors from the other evenly spread teams. Driver substitutes work well for this also but not sure about that 16th player :roflmao:
    Just thought how cool this would be, keeps the team spirit up and breeds high competition in all classes throughout the season.:thumbsup:

6. You know I'm in. Hoping to land ones of those LMP2s!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

I would have to agree with Toast on how to pick cars or class. It should go by how many races you attended in the previous season 1st. These are going to be the guy's who are going to be consistent in showing up for the next league. I wish I could have been more consistent this year, but work is work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

This means if Two or even Three Drivers know they are not going to make certain races. Arrangements can be made for them to compete in the same car in different rounds.
    Example: A team consisting of Spiff and Railer could split the season up. Add another driver (Beans) in the mix and each Driver can run 3-4 races each. Run for the Team Championship.
    I think you are right though Toast, maybe we should limit it to one car per class per team, promotes more variety within the class.

As far as choosing the cars, my thought was that I would push the Normal Front runners into different cars then what we ran for the previous season. If given the chance Tom, who is a talented driver in any car would go back to the M3 every time, even though he's proven to be very good in the McLaren. I haven't witnessed Matt driving anything but the McLaren for two years now, and I imagine its about the same for Sochris in his Bentley. I was trying to find the most fair way of choosing cars and still being a bit random. Of course the first picks made would be the Original Core of Regulars, perhaps we should do a lottery??? I originally had thought of only using the top 10 in points first and then allowing the rest to pick what was left over.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

That would be fair also. The champion should get 1st pick.

10. Excited for this!

I'm planning on going in the GTLM Aston but that might change.

Are we for sure sticking with 3 classes? I think it's going to be really hard to fill each class up every race, especially with the amount of races people (including me) have missed this season. Don't want to see a race with only 1 or 2 cars in a class

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah 3 classes will work great with the system above, 5 teams of 3. Just directly substitute a backup in and shuffle the team accordingly amongst classes when one team member can't make it. I should explain this in a party chat at some point as that's easier. Who's on tomorrow?
    It works perfect for 15 and the 16th car could be a lone wolf or even safety car, lol.
    The difference should be that many backup drivers will be up to it if need be because they could fill in for either of 3 classes and contribute to one of the 5 teams for that race. Extra incentive, and also pressure on registered drivers to not let your team down. The different car selection and greater chances of a win (in class) will hopefully keep numbers in greater shape but we will see on that one.
    One way of team selection using this method could be formed from:
    the top 5 finishers of the current season each head a separate team.
    They choose in order, the second member of their team from championship standings places 6-10, and then the added second members of each group choose the third team mate from places 11-15/ whoever is available for next season.
    This should leave us with (theoretically) nicely balanced 3 man teams that can then decide amongst themselves which class/car their members will represent them in (preferably in similar looking liveries or #s). Perfect:laugh:
    ahhhhh so much to try explain in text! this system should make everyone happy I reckon and I can't see many faults in it so far.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

If you mean today, I may be on later tonight. What time?

I honestly wouldn't be able to commit to a team until I knew my work schedule for next year. If they go back to my old schedule and I stay the vacation breaker then I will make almost all of the races except for the February and mid March races. I would make a couple and miss a couple. If my schedule stays the same and I take over a shift team then I would only miss 1 race a month due to night shift work. Again with the exception for Feb. and half of March. I won't know anything until November.

13. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

@2pfspiff Season 3 probably won't start until Mid-February and then whenever they feel like releasing pCars 2 we would just slide right on over. So you have plenty of time to build teams, alliances and work on schedules. There will be some people that will want to run the entire season. So I think it is good to not really refer to a teammate as a "back up" but rather a "Teammate".

14. I meant backup as in a reserve who replaces a registered driver who can no longer make it for a race or multiple. I guess a temporary team mate in some cases. The structure of the 5 teams would just adjust fitting new people in open slots should any of the now regulars not be there. Even if you are in a team from the beginning Spiff, you could get someone to fill in your spot if you couldn't make a few races. They could earn points in your position and help your team still without you there.

15. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

It would be cool to be able to have someone that can run when I can't. We'll have to see. My schedule at work is uncertain right now with the exception of Feb and March. Either way I will be around

16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

We can have Established cars.. Same 15 cars every race as teams are established. Drivers would fill in when there are open slots and become members of that team. We have a lot time to figure this out and test things teams and what-not. That's even to say that everyone will still be interested in PCars next year, LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

Well my calibration issues on my wheel are back. Doing the same thing only in the opposite direction. Ran the tool and it worked fine. Tested to see if it would do it again when I was done, and it had calibration issue's. Called up Thrustmaster and was told that it would be about $140 to repair plus $60 shipping back not including shipping there. might as well by a servo base instead. F'ing Thrustmaster sucks.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

Ordered a new base on Saturday. Should be here this week. Until then I can still use my old one, will have to run the motor calibration tool in it everytime I go to use it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Any news on possible start dates for this?