World Championship Highlights - Round 13 South Korea

Great job as usual!

Thanks for your words about Faster Than Speed's 200th WC race too! :) Not with the intention of correcting you, but just in case anyone's interested, a little bit of FTS history ;):

I haven't led FTS since the team's inception. Founder Alex Cosentino did in the team's beginnings in 2001 and Gabriel Garivaldis took over as Team Manager in 2003. I joined the team mid-2003 and took management duties in 2005, first co-managing together with Gabriel and later on my own.

Great video, a pleasure to watch as always! :D
I was wondering, how do you get that smoothness, particularly from the track cameras? Do you use enbseries with motion blur effects, or do you record it in slow motion and then speed it up (but this would be an insanely hard work to do), or do you add some kind of blur before rendering the actual compressed video? Or maybe noone of these three?
Because I've tried in every way, but I can't still figure out how to obtain the same smoothness, so my videos don't look so awesome :(
Thanks in advance, and don't stop doing your great job! :D

I was wondering, how do you get that smoothness, particularly from the track cameras? Do you use enbseries with motion blur effects, or do you record it in slow motion and then speed it up (but this would be an insanely hard work to do), or do you add some kind of blur before rendering the actual compressed video? Or maybe noone of these three?
Because I've tried in every way, but I can't still figure out how to obtain the same smoothness, so my videos don't look so awesome :(

When i'm doing rfactor videos with Sony Vegas they always comes out like that after rendering. I have no idea what does it but it doesn't bother me. Looks cool. :D

Mikko Suokas

I do rfactor vids with AVS Video Editor with footage from AVI. plus Bluff Titler and Paint to get the results i need but i dont know if the vids have motion blur

I use Sony Vegas 10. It adds a motion blur by default.

I usually only use the slow motion trick when there is a full field of cars on the screen together (e.g. the race start and maybe the first couple of laps). Once the field spreads out a bit I can usually get away with recording with FRAPS and the frame rate never drops below 30, even while recording. This depends on how FPS-heavy the track is.

Thank you for your answers! I will do some other tests.
It seems that I was making the biggest mistake by disabling the resample on every clip, as I read almost everywhere on the internet to increase video quality. Now I'm getting closer :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%