I am a die hard Ferrari fan since 1996, as much as I wanted to see Vettel be champion, I gotta give props to LH and Mercedes during the second half of the season.

They developed their car better and much more reliable, and LH for driving consistently.

I am in no way a LH fan, in fact, since 2007, I never rooted for him. And some might argue, his records are due to a superior car, let's remember the McLarens in the 80's with Senna and Prost, the Williams in the 90s, and Schumacher in Ferrari in the early 2000s, and finally Vettel in Red Bull.

The way he drove and they way the outdeveloped Ferrari at the second half of the season, is enough for this Ferrari fan, a die hard Ferrari fan, to tip my hat to LH and Mercedes.

I thank Ferrari in finally giving me a season really worth watching every race for (I watch every race nonetheless, sure, but I am more entertained this year).

Hopefully next season, Red Bull will be more consitent out front and a resurgence by McLaren to see a title fight between 3-4 teams.

Just my 2 cents =]

He won the title and total is now 4. Some can't handle it and try to put him down. If's and what don't matter, we all make choices right or wrong and have to live and learn.
Lewis made a good choice to go to Mercedes and made a good choice to avoid incident at Singapore .. Some others have not made good choices, Alonso I rate as the best has not made the right choices at the right time ..Vettel did not at Baku and Singapore.

History books only care about whats been achieved not if's or luck. Congratulate, Don't Hate... Or you can come here and moan... It won't change the facts.

Last edited:
Congrats to Lewis! Four drivers titles and with that he has surely taken up his place in the list of all time greats.

Now let's hope for a great three way battle between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull for next season! :thumbsup:

Congratulations.
Wish he now win his fifth in Sauber though.
We saw how was it for him when he's on bottom of food chain, following Sainz for countless laps (it was almost painful to watch) and laps after laps... He noticed it too. "I can't pass these guys!", well, welcome to the penthouse-less F1 Lewis !
To paraphrase QB Kirk Cousins after one great victory:
?

Last edited:
As someone who still kinda dislikes Hamilton I have to say he grew immensely as a driver this season. Being very fast and aggressive while not taking any unneccessary risks is what won him this year's title and he cleraly deserved it over Vettel who has taken unneccessary risks and made foolish decisions all season. Even if it hurts to say that as a German guy with a lot of sympathy for the red team.

Hamilton annoys me to no end, but there is no doubt in my mind he's one of the all time greats. Flat out speed in qualifying coupled with incredible self control and precision on lap after lap during the race.

How many times have we heard the race engineers say "Lewis, we need a 1:32.7" and then his next 5 laps are +/- a tenth or so of that? Come on, that's just obscene!

I'll look forward to rooting against him next season too! :laugh:

Lewis Hamilton is now officially the best F1 racer that the UK have ever produced. But despite that lets remember that the new world champion is British.
guNqo0O.gif

Yes, there's no doubt in my mind that he is among the greatest drivers of all time and deserves a place among those ranks.
Tbh have we ever before had a grid with this many truly great drivers?
Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Alonso, Ricciardo and historically Raikkonen, though his performance of late has been lackluster sadly. Then there's exciting talent like Hulkenberg, Sainz, Ocon, Hulkenberg and to some extent Perez.
It's a high profile grid for sure!
Now let's hope for more parity between teams/engine performance and we could be in for some cracking years of racing.
And Hulkenberg..

"Do you think Hamilton has done enough to deserve being spoken about in the same breath as Fangio / Prost / Senna / Schumacher?"

No, sir, and by far.

Forza Ferrari.

Fernando Alonso said:
"Yes. In F1, every single season he has been very competitive, apart from one or two with Jenson (Button) when he had some issues. He was able to win with a dominant car, with a good car like 2010 or 2012, or with bad cars like 2009 and 2011.

"Not all the champions can say that."

Now, whose opinion shall I trust?

source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41804401

Do you think Hamilton has done enough to deserve being spoken about in the same breath as Fangio / Prost / Senna / Schumacher?

Schumacher? Well of course. Both were decent race drivers in cars that could have been driven to victory by Paul Jeffery, assuming Paul had a lot of karting experience. :thumbsup:

Fangio? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Prost? Sure why not. He was also gifted a rocket ship by the FIA and his team, so he could do battle with the only other driver who had a chance to win, who was...

Senna? Absolutely. Both are overrated and beloved multiple time world champions in a series of identical cars on very similar tracks, with no demonstration that they could win outside their comfort zone.

So, yea! Now you are among the "greatest" Lewis. :rolleyes:

He’s absolutely one of the best of this era, same with Vettel. And all of the topdrivers of their era had peculiar things about them to dislike. And it is imho rubbish to say they were only lucky for having the best of the best material and only by that domination they got their titles.

Because to finish first, you have to finish. And I hope we can make us up for the next decade of epic battles with these veterans and the fresh young guns like Ocon and Verstappen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%