Work started on Nordschleife

:D x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

So much Gusta right now.
me_gusta_by_rober_raik-d4clrpu.png

Last edited:
I have my doubts, but I really truly hope they can honour their "September 2014" release for the Nords.
Even if they just release the track without those "dream cars", then it's a win in my book.

Because a laser scanned Nords is just beyond epic.

I call it the 'Ring :)

We're in desperate need of more tracks coming from Kunos. The "conversions" are really getting out of hand and let aside one or two exceptions most of them are garbage, with no work to them aside porting it from a random last-decade simulator into AC...

I can admit that snoopy's Nordschleife is one of those exceptions, with a clear added value compared to its rfactor counterpart, but it's still very far away from anything that resembles the real Nürburgring Nordschleife. I've driven there on a couple of occasions, I absolutely love this track, but I can't help but being disappointed whenever I try the latest modded version of it. It just doesn't feel right.

I can't (but I will :D) wait for the laserscanned one coming from Kunos. If it is built with current Kunos' track standards, it will be absolutely astonishing.

I call it the 'Ring :)

We're in desperate need of more tracks coming from Kunos. The "conversions" are really getting out of hand and let aside one or two exceptions most of them are garbage, with no work to them aside porting it from a random last-decade simulator into AC...

I can admit that snoopy's Nordschleife is one of those exceptions, with a clear added value compared to its rfactor counterpart, but it's still very far away from anything that resembles the real Nürburgring Nordschleife. I've driven there on a couple of occasions, I absolutely love this track, but I can't help but being disappointed whenever I try the latest modded version of it. It just doesn't feel right.

I can't (but I will :D) wait for the laserscanned one coming from Kunos. If it is built with current Kunos' track standards, it will be absolutely astonishing.
yeah, its beautiful & hes doing a great job but i also read a couple ppl on iracing saying the one it built on is off by about 20 seconds [slower] compared to the real thing. i guess to someone who has been there & remembers it well, it might seem more like a literal fantasy track.

even though this should barely be news its damned hard not to get really, really excited about.

That one tiny line is the confirmation that many of us have been waiting for...They have the scan data and the Holy Grail of simracing has been started!!

Yeah, didnt mean to imply this isnt great news. IT IS!!
Its just that I expected a more gradual approach to it, like a pic of Nordschleife tickets first, maybe some photos of the guys being on track and stuff like that.
And most importantly my 'I'm an idiot' moment when I realized it took me 5 minutes to understand what I was supposed to be looking at! :p

:D x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
you can write 10^100 - called a googol. That's much bigger :p

Looking forward to the laserscaned Nordschleife myself.
[...] but i find it interesting since it will be the first time this track will get laser scanned.
Didn't know that this track hasn't been scanned yet. Too much workload for the scanning company and therefore too expensive?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%