1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Work started on Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Stelios, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 8
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Took me 5 mins and a couple of browser changes to realize all there is to look at is that tiny text line, but thanks!! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

:D x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

So much Gusta right now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That one tiny line is the confirmation that many of us have been waiting for...They have the scan data and the Holy Grail of simracing has been started!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  6. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

So SPA is done then? :rolleyes:

Ship it, Kunos. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. You really don't think they are going to release Spa before Silverstone National do you?

Am I the only one that is happy with the content we currently have and actually want more than one or two pieces to debut with v1.0 whenever we get there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke

Since there is no date for v1.0 why would you want to wait? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

I have my doubts, but I really truly hope they can honour their "September 2014" release for the Nords.
    Even if they just release the track without those "dream cars", then it's a win in my book.

Because a laser scanned Nords is just beyond epic.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. I doubt any of us actually expect them to make their September deadline..But it is nice knowing that it is actually being worked on; especially after many questioned if it was still going to happen after the turmoil that the Ring has been going through ownership-wise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke

When ppl write "Nords" I wanna puke :thumbsdown:

I ain't saying "Silvs" or "Muge" either :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Its faster..but doesnt ( does not <-- see what i did here :D ) make sense...i use it so many time i forgot Nordschleifenroadstainenfghjkfjkgbt.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

I call it the 'Ring :)

We're in desperate need of more tracks coming from Kunos. The "conversions" are really getting out of hand and let aside one or two exceptions most of them are garbage, with no work to them aside porting it from a random last-decade simulator into AC...

I can admit that snoopy's Nordschleife is one of those exceptions, with a clear added value compared to its rfactor counterpart, but it's still very far away from anything that resembles the real Nürburgring Nordschleife. I've driven there on a couple of occasions, I absolutely love this track, but I can't help but being disappointed whenever I try the latest modded version of it. It just doesn't feel right.

I can't (but I will :D) wait for the laserscanned one coming from Kunos. If it is built with current Kunos' track standards, it will be absolutely astonishing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Ownership you say?

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 8
  15. yeah, its beautiful & hes doing a great job but i also read a couple ppl on iracing saying the one it built on is off by about 20 seconds [slower] compared to the real thing. i guess to someone who has been there & remembers it well, it might seem more like a literal fantasy track.

even though this should barely be news its damned hard not to get really, really excited about.

• Like Like x 1
  16. At last some good news Kunos. :thumbsup: Must be super enjoyable project to do too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, didnt mean to imply this isnt great news. IT IS!!
    Its just that I expected a more gradual approach to it, like a pic of Nordschleife tickets first, maybe some photos of the guys being on track and stuff like that.
    And most importantly my 'I'm an idiot' moment when I realized it took me 5 minutes to understand what I was supposed to be looking at! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. you can write 10^100 - called a googol. That's much bigger :p

Looking forward to the laserscaned Nordschleife myself.
    Didn't know that this track hasn't been scanned yet. Too much workload for the scanning company and therefore too expensive?

19. Actually Polyphony (GT6) laser scanned it but then altered the data anyways.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

I think ISI also laser scanned it, or at least it is advertised as such on rFactor PRO website.

OP's post is a bit misleading. In fact it will be the first time it will be laser scanned for public release on PC simulator.

• Beer Beer x 1