1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work In Progress

Discussion in 'GRID 2 Mods' started by Leon Charmant, May 20, 2013.

1. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant Premium Licensed

Post your work-in-progress projects here and discuss it with members of the forum! Make sure to include plenty of pictures for everyone to enjoy :)

Once you have finalized your WIP projects into a full blown working mod please upload and share it in our state-of-the-art resource manager so our 150,000 members and the rest of the sim racing community can enjoy your fantastic work: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/

Go modders :thumbsup:

2. ML2166

ML2166 If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests? Premium

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only have a couple of models to test......but let the fun begin

• Like Like x 6
  3. Leon Charmant

Legends. All of you modders!

4. ML2166

Volvo S60 carbon test model.

KTM Red Bull test.

WIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hell yeah, vrooom! :cool: Nice one ML.

6. I dont like the tire smoke, im working for that in a xml. if you want to test, take my mod:

Less tyre smoke Mod by XZERO v0.0.1

http://bit.ly/116HlAu

Noobie mod.

7. Nice job, that designs are cool.

8. Here is a video of it, wheel is already moving with those settings.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Leon Charmant

lol epic, it just needs the blurryness removed and some detailed textures

10. Hello, nice to see work on a camera mod has begun. I don't know if this will help, but here is a camera mod for the first GRID that enabled 32 different camera angles:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ixxnyk2bua79wa/Grid_Modders_Camera's V1.2.rar
    The cameras.xml files for both 1 and 2 look pretty similar.

My favorite camera angle was one of the ones set way high up, so it was like playing micromachines lol. Here's a screen, this is what I'd like to see in GRID 2:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I made a couple of changes, this interior already looks a bit better, but it looks like we will need somebody who can create some high res interior textures

[​IMG]

12. Ok I can now confirm that the old camera mod works with GRID 2. If anyone wants to use it, choose a cameras.xml file out of the mod I posted above and copy/paste it into each car models folder, replacing the original. (I used the Lamborghini one, in folder 'Lam' in the mod files) MAKE SURE TO CREATE A BACK UP OF ALL YOUR CAR/MODEL FOLDERS FIRST!!!

Only track the high up camera angle has caused problems with so far is Chicago, because of the incredibly long train bridge above part of the track.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld #27 will return Premium

14. this is a start
    if you ask me, i would put camera little more down and add fov to have better sense of speed
    i did not play the game yet to see how is the sense of speed in it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Leon Charmant

I agree with dev0lver. Camera needs to be placed a little downwards. Looks great, though!

16. ML2166

Textures will be the easy part.

17. Leon Charmant

The textures can be increased in resolution, but won't changing the actual cockpit model (the steering wheel for instance) cause problems with online compatibility? That's what I'm wondering about

18. ML2166

Yep I can't do anything about the lower poly count on the model itself, but the textures might go someway to helping with the overall view.

I would imagine if tinkering with camera files on other titles have caused problems in the past regarding online play, (I don't know personally) then I would think it would surely be the same here.

19. Hatta

Hatta Codemasters

Looks cool. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul Walker

Paul Walker MrPix Premium Licensed

Not been around for a while.... but just got Grid 2 and found this thread... here is my progress so far .... found the Mod request thread first, so this work is in parallel to others it seems :)

Early days and only 15mins on it so far, but it looks like there is no hi-res renders for the interiors in <drive letter>:\Steam\SteamApps\common\grid 2\cars\interiors\models

Shame... but you can get rid of the blurriness easily if you like polygons... :)

• Like Like x 1