GRID Autosport Modding Questions

Does anyone know hot to put a texture over the glass on the headlights? im doing a skin for the v8 supercars holden and i want to put a logo over the headlight
W2mNCky.jpg

Sorry if i posted wrong its my first mod post, I managed to finish the livery but i cant do the glass stickers, everytime i try to mess with alpha channels on photoshop i fail and the game crashes with my modified texture, i made this on Corel PHOTO-PAINT because i still havent managed to learn how to use photoshop to the full extend that i have with PHOTO-PAINT, i made a .png with the glass stickers its in the .rar if someone can do alpha channels i would be very thankfull if anyone could make the alpha channel for my glass stickers and the headlight.
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym9eqakzjzet2lx
(Use the folder textures_low if you dont have the HD Textures DLC installed)
9pTSguG.jpg

Two things:

- a way for grass not disappearing too soon. Now it go out like on 20 meters, so annoying.

- i don't see any change after HD textures, whats wrong? (yes, i've selected 'high' in menu..)

talking about mod for more than existing 5x........maybe up to 100 laps per race.........or few hours for endurance.....what exist now is too short.......;-)

Yes, but, need to change the tyre wearing factor then, or enter to PIT.. there is PIT in this game??

Sorry if i posted wrong its my first mod post, I managed to finish the livery but i cant do the glass stickers, everytime i try to mess with alpha channels on photoshop i fail and the game crashes with my modified texture, i made this on Corel PHOTO-PAINT because i still havent managed to learn how to use photoshop to the full extend that i have with PHOTO-PAINT, i made a .png with the glass stickers its in the .rar if someone can do alpha channels i would be very thankfull if anyone could make the alpha channel for my glass stickers and the headlight.
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym9eqakzjzet2lx
(Use the folder textures_low if you dont have the HD Textures DLC installed)
9pTSguG.jpg
Dont have the time,but try this and if you want edit it. Cheers!
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/26673531/file.html

@bertox......you're right, would need pit stops.......that would be epic having the option to pit as tires wear down during a race........imagine.......in the lead.........losing a couple of seconds a lap on old tires.........16 laps to go.......lets pit..........no wait, dont pit........lol awesome.....:)

Would be interesting to have a more precise handling model (without all those slides), maybe with a grip and cornering adjustement the situation would imrpove.
I'm really having fun with open wheels, but the way they slide through the corner is just terrible.

• Deleted member 161052

edit: livery_user works, just made the hsv_main_mask.tga have a black color
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-10-58.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-14-69.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-17-64.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-21-56.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-25-42.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-31-11.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-33-58.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-38-20.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-43-51.jpg
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-07-04 10-49-48-15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A mod I would like is to convert all reverse track events in career mode into regular direction. I really don't like driving on real tracks in reverse.

Any idea if there is a simple way to do this (eg. copying and renaming files or folders)?

Edit: just tried the most obvious thing and it seems to work. For example, in the directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GRID Autosport\tracks\locations\circuits\brands_hatch\
There are folders called "route_0", "route_1" and so on. I deleted route_1, then made a copy of route_0 and renamed it to route_1. Now when I load up Brands Hatch GP Reversed in the game it's the normal GP circuit, not reversed.

So it's just a matter of figuring out which route is which to do the mod.

Edit 2: Doing this disables career saving.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I'm about to release my Weider Modulo HSV-010 2013 skin but there is no sub-categories for GRID Autosport yet. I'm really curious if I can release that even if there are no sub-categories.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%