1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work In Progress Thread

Discussion in 'GRID Autosport Mods' started by Mortal, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Hi guys

Working on this mod, for enhanced and more realistic car physics etc

Need feedback for the project, real videos of some real cars in tracks etc
    I will work on cars, and try to capture a realistic and similar behavior to the real model in videos and feedback

Working now in physics for Focus and 320.

Sorry for the bad state of vid, soon more.

mod-edit: videos go in here http://www.racedepartment.com/gallery/albums/grid-autosport.40/

[GRID] SIM Autosport MOD Vid 1 Focus Test
    by Mortal on RaceDepartment Forums
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sounds interesting :)
  3. how will that effect 3 screen users ?
    just curious ;)
  4. Great work.

When working on the mirrors will you edit both left AND right mirrors?

For us triple screen users:)
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  5. This could be perfect with upscaling cars interiors textures.
  6. airutonpurosuto8912

Perfect at all.
  7. Race all morning with the mod..

It's a big improvement, but like said before, it still needs some work on some cars.
    Some cars have a pretty good rear view, others the rear view mirror is still a very blocked picture.

The good news is there is no noticable performance hit. So that can't be the reason codemasters left the mirrors out of the game.

Thank you releasing the alpha version, looking forward to the next update
  8. Here we go :)
    • Like Like x 3
  9. aw yes :D

10. TOCA Autosport Mod - Alpha Footage Proof of Concept

-New car physics and more realistic
    -Driving SEMI-SIM TOCA Series Style Concept
    -Disabled scripting tweaks

Work in Progress.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Sorry but what's WIP? Probably me just being dumb lol
  12. Someone from moderators moved it here,don't know why! lol
  13. ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

Quick test skin

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Rough interior Nissan 350z nismo (custom made some gauges for 30 min) :)
    • Like Like x 4
  15. It begins :D
  16. [​IMG]

Better fov Chevrolet Cruze

that cars need fov fix? report please
  17. Ive been playing around with some of it, mainly the drifting, not exactly trying to make it super realistic, but just a bit more like a drift car (I build and drive em for a living :p ).

Also been having a little toy around with the F3 car, I'll I've done so far is turn off all the hidden assists (except the pad speed steering one) and put a touch of toe in on the rear. So much better, way less slidey.

Heres a few vids....

18. What hidden assists are actually in the game? That open wheel looks so much better.
  19. There's extra stability control, self steer assists, and drift assists (which are need for the drifting, but not for proper racing).

You might have noticed the cars don't like to accelerate while turning, that's the extra stability control, and if you start to get sideways, the car tends to 4 wheel slide, that's the drift assist. The self steering is a little more subtle, it kinda smooths out the players input, making the cars less responsive but easier to drive, its really noticeable in the drift vid that its no longer there, as the car becomes really twitchy.

As I said, the biggest difference was the touch of toe in on the rear, if all codemasters did was patch that into the game, everybody would love it so much more.
    • Beer Beer x 1