Wolff: 'Mercedes Cannot Get Ahead Of Themselves'

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment recently reported that Lewis Hamilton had claimed Mercedes are the second best car after finishing third in the Malaysian Grand Prix. In contrary to his driver, Toto Wolff has told the press that the team must not get ahead of themselves and the team must keep both feet firmly on the ground.

Image: YallaF1

The Brackley based outfit started out well in 2012, but quickly fell behind when the team could not provide enough updates to push them forward. This season the outfit has started out well again, which has quickly let to the Mercedes boss Toto Wolff telling the team not to be too optimistic.

Although he does admit that the team's early found form has quickly raised hopes. "Of course" he replied when asked by the press if expectations had been raised after the first two races of the season. But Wolff insisted it was crucial to keep on-top of the workload, by not getting too far ahead of themselves.

"I was not so unhappy that we did not make it on pole because imagine how much the expectation would have been for the race. We had a good solid race, the world champion has still shown us that there is lots to do, and that we should switch our lights off later than the others in the offices. The expectations are there, but we must not let ourselves be carried away." He told AutoSport.

The Mercedes boss admitted, the new found form was what he had been hoping for at the start of the season.

"This is what I hoped for; this is where the team should be. Being among the top teams, and winning a world championship, you need to put it all together. I am happy [that] in the second race we have been consolidating that position, but it is about keeping working, keeping developing and looking forward. That race is already forgotten."
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back