1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With HDR plugin, I get "Entry Point Not Found" error.

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Ton van Rijn, Nov 9, 2014.

1. I tried the HDR plugin for RBR but now, when I start RBR, I get 3x a popup saying:
    "Entry Point Not Found: 1) Direct3DCreate9EX cound not be located in dynamic library d3d9.dll".
    After clicking 3 times OK, RBR starts fine and apparently the plugin works too.

It is clear that it has to do with the d3d9.dll which is from the plugin. When I delete the dll, I don't get the popup but of course the plugin doesn't work anymore.

Am I doing something wrong ?
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

The d3d9.dll is often used by many plugins, so you might have to rename the dll file, and assign the "new" files to the specific plugins.
    I have no idea how to do that, but I know that is how it works in rFactor.

I only use the gauger plugin in RBR, so I have very little experience with plugin issues.
  3. Doing a search on Google I found the "culprit". Found out that (the new version of) Geforce Experience causes this.Uninstalled it and went back to an older version and it is gone.
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

GeForce Experience! I'll add that to the "you would not believe it, but" list in my head!

Just like xfire makes 90% of Steam game crash at the moment!