1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WIP Pictures and Videos of Pontiac Firebird Trans Am by Team21 and Friends

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Knut Omdal Tveito, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Source

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. That's pretty awesome looking :thumbsup:

If they all work well together, possibility for a muscle car series? Ian will be happy :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

The weekly series (after S10) will be a single make one using the Scirocco Mk1.

There could well be some events using these cars, but a mixed series? Probably not, the Boss & Cougar (iirc) are not particularly close to each other in pace anyway. I'm fairly sure when we tested them that the Boss was a couple of sec quicker pretty much everywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

I think Ian Strom will need a change of underpants when he sees this! Looks and sounds lovely :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Hopefully the Firebird will match one of them. Could the files not be "tweaked" to being the closer together?

7. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

I'm sure they could, but I wouldn't want to do it, and I wouldn't run anything tweaked without the authors permission.

8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Just to be clear, in addition to the Trans Am cars (500ish hp iirc) they will also have the car of Roger Bolliger (700 hp).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I wonder which, I'll find my way to first?..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Sounds good! It would be even better if they performance-matched all 3 mods. The Boss is much faster than the Cougar at the moment, and this looks quicker than the Boss!

11. The vid is on Machwerk even!!

Tim Ling brb, changing, white stuff on underpants.

Thank you Team 21 and friends!

Some day in GTL we will be able to have a Trans Am themed race with mixed NA/EU/AUS/etc cars! :thumbsup:
    But perhaps not just yet.... eventually there will be enough mixed cars though.

Just hope my inet is behaving on release day and later during a potential future club event.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

Ian Strom
    Ian, did you ever take a look at GamersCrib? Those guys have been running a muscle car only league for quite some time with tweaked files to make them better matched. We could never do that here cuz many of the cars they use are illegal mods and tweaking the files would mean asking for permission from all the modders plus we would all need to have a GTL installation solely for use with that car set to try and minimize conflicts.

As cool as it would be, I don't see it happening. At least not right now.

13. I have considered it and looked around a little on their forum, but replacing you guys and RD club events is a very tall order. :inlove:

Perhaps I might race with them at some point, but ... well, what I said above.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I hear you. Only reason I haven't raced with them is because I like racing with the guys here so much lol. Nothing like feeling like you belong somewhere versus feeling like the outsider.

15. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz

I'll tell you what, I'll have a go at it with you if the time allows it and it doesn't clash too much with what goes on here. That way you won't be the only "new" guy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I would have to take another look at their schedule and mine before I could get back to you on that. Thank you for the offer though. :)

17. Good god, so much saliva!

18. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Crank up the sound:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

WoW!!!
    Can you imagine a bunch of these on track together, Teamspeak will be a new experience. :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Damn, it's noisy!

• Like Like x 1