1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WIP mods thread?

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by aowzone, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Thanks for NHEAT Evo mod forum -- can you reopen http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/modding-forum.126409/page-2 as a "WIP Mods" thread like the F1 2016 has so we can continue discussions and help with tools in there?

I'll get some cars posted here soon to kick off the downloads section!

I plan to release ONE carset that updates all of the default in game paint schemes to have the Coors Light Pole Award (or Pole Winner, in those cases) decals as well as adding Busch, Miller, and 5-Hour to the #4, #2 and #15 cars.

Are there any other "censored" cars that I'm missing at this point?

Here are some previews!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. aowzone can you help me with the stand alone mod maker?The final step is to use the "File" > "Mod Maker" option to create a standalone EXE file for your modded texture. I will cover that in a different tutorial, but really, its pretty self explanatory if you just give it a try. I got it on my first attempt. You just need to point it at the location for your "steamapps\NASCAR Heat Evolution\NASCARHeatEvolution_Data" and it will detect what changes need to be made and generate the EXE for you to install your mod I Don't know what i am doing wrong thanks.

3. I'm not entirely confident in the "Mod Maker" EXE's at this time. I began to see problems as I made more and more modifications. That is why I plan to release an updated 2016 carset as a full on .rab file that you will replace over your existing cupcars2016.rab or cupcars2016_4k.rab.

Once I have more understanding of how the utility can work, maybe I'll release mods with it, but for now I think I plan to steer clear.

4. Have you got a chevy template yet? I have changed my career car out now i just like a template so i can make me a nice one.

5. Do you know where i can find the engine sounds?

6. Where did you find the CSV of driver names and how would I load it back in?

7. It has to be modded with a Hex Editor (HxD is good). One of the other members here got some help and figured it out. I asked him to share his tutorial with everyone here.

8. Thanks! I've been playing around with the spotter wav files and found billboards for the tracks. I'd like to find the drivers photos to replace with my own and matching driver name. :)

9. Sorry, what .rab did you find the CSV in?

10. WIP of Chevrolet template. Still have some cleanup to do.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. love it good work,Can't wait to download it

12. All 2016 cars have been updated, just need to reimport the TGA's to the cupcars2016_4k.rab file and then downsize and do the same for the lower resolution carset. Hope to finish within the next day or so. Just tedious work now!

13. This is Jeff Gordons '13 DTEH scheme, I've been working on. It is still not 100% accurate as I put Valvoline instead of Quaker State on it and changed some of the smaller logos. I use this as my career scheme, that's why my name is on the windscreen. I always liked this scheme very much...
    Credits go to NDG for the base, BER for the contigs and numbers, and zaw24fan for the DTEH logos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looks real good!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. You guys are on point!!

16. aowzone when do you think you have this template up,I got a car i like to paint and i think it would be easy with this template? By the way i was wondering if any one thinks it going to be to where we can paint the wheels for the career car? I found the wheels i just don't know what assigned the wheel to each car.

17. Did you take the screen shot in practice,And if so how?

18. I can send you what I have now.

Send me a PM with your email address.

I'm not fully happy with it yet, but would love to see someone do a paint with it in its current state so I can see what work remains.

19. I just took the outside camera and put the car in reverse and the camera turns around. Then I put it back in 1st but did not go. The camera starts slowly to move to it original position, but you can stop it by hitting the brakes, as soon as you lift the brakes it starts to move again slowly.