WIP/Idea Virtual Mirror Overlay

My current car for this season with the NAGP is a Lambo, which does not have a rear view mirror I can see with my current FoV. I don't normally like running the virtual mirror because it "breaks the immersion", so then I got the idea to overlay it with an image to try and make it blend in more. The video below show my modded speedometer with a background that looks more like a standard mirror while also dimming the virtual mirror so it's not so bright (which I find annoying). I also turn off all the g-force effects that tend to shake the car around on screen, as I tend to "remake the cockpit" by placing apps in strategic locations.

Updated Demo Video:

Esotic Speedometer App:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/esotic-speedometer.132018/#post-2458158

If you want to try the "Virtual Mirror Overlay" open up the .PY file and look for this line:

if False: #Change False to True to use the "Virtual Mirror Overlay"

and change it to

if True: #Change False to True to use the "Virtual Mirror Overlay"

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Esotic

Last edited:
Do you only want to see times to drivers on the same lap as you? Just wondering how that works when there is lap traffic.

Check out how the Kunos Real Time app works, if other cars are on the same lap as you their name shows in the same color as yours, if they are a lap down from you their name shows in a different color, and if they're a lap up from you their name shows in a third color. So with just a glance you can tell if you're battling for position or not.

Check out how the Kunos Real Time app works, if other cars are on the same lap as you their name shows in the same color as yours, if they are a lap down from you their name shows in a different color, and if they're a lap up from you their name shows in a third color. So with just a glance you can tell if you're battling for position or not.
yeah I thought about the kunos app and maybe @Esotic could blend the 2 apps into one app?
I would just care about the ones on my lap, but to see if you would have to battle would be nice too...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back