Cars WIP Honda S800 - Stock and RSC

For the next days I'll be busy finishing a 3.0 RSR skin, but then I'd like to try to adapt this 60's Honda bike scheme and figure how to make it work with the lines of the car...
60f00f0b6c60b69494253c5bf656eb23.jpg honda-750-cr.jpg

Wonderful job! It looks, sounds and feels amazing.
It's a really weird seating position, though. Skewed behind the wheel, one arm above the door almost because there is so little space :D Takes a bit getting used to, haha (I am aware the default position is situated right behind the wheel. I always put the driver's eyes where they belong as it looks better with TrackIR)
The shifting animation grabs the lever by its arm, rather than by the knob. Also the fingers around the steering wheel seem to be a bit loose.
The headlight, as seen from the cockpit, could use a few more polies. It's the only thing that stood out while driving.

So you know it's not dead... Very early wip (updated):
Showroom_honda_s800_30-10-2016-12-4-52.jpgShowroom_honda_s800_30-10-2016-12-3-5.jpg
I intended to change the upper windscreen piece to a blue as seen in some era bikes to enhance contrast, but I believe the diffuse on that material is too low for it to show any color. In the end, I've just changed the Glass.dds tint from green to blue.

PS: Btw, there's that hanging piece of shadow on the left of the car.

Edit: I'm also facing a problem, when there's a EXT_lights.dds file (no matter the exported format) in the skin folder (for stripes on headlights), I can't seem to start the showroom. Content Manager's custom showroom still shows it without a problem.
headlights_diffuse.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! love how it looks so far, it really fits the car. Somehow I like the offset number on the door but it looks strange if it's not centered... might be just my perception.
Not sure about that problem with the .dds file, the covered headlights on the RSC are done with geometry.
I'll try to figure out why the hell there's a wheel shadow on the side.

In the meantime, I'm working out the final details of the RSC, coming along nicely, Aphidgod is doing a hell of a job on the physics considering we don't have a lot of info on it. It's a very fun car to drive on short tracks, I can tell you that :)

Some screens and a preview of the skins it'll come with (thanks to @GTAce for those!)

31299284786_2a97a2f6e1_b.jpg

30512857694_5530f73f0c_b.jpg

30512858234_ebe4240596_b.jpg

31191349212_b6a0192acd_b.jpg

30527722793_7f2488028f_b.jpg

Also fixed driver animations on both, and the shifter too. Fixed the mirror UV coordinates that were wrong on the stock version, and tuned the dashboard lighting a little bit as well:

31191350142_da62c345d9_b.jpg

Edit: Nvm the previous text, I misunderstood. Like this?
Showroom_honda_s800_1-11-2016-19-12-9.jpg Showroom_honda_s800_1-11-2016-19-11-32.jpg

For the EXT_lights.dds I can't figure out what's going on. To exclude a problem with exported files, I've even resorted to place the car's original file in the skin folder and the showroom still fails to load and exits (the same happens for the matching NM file). The log file tells nothing useful.

The RSC is looking gorgeous!

Last edited:
Edit: I'm also facing a problem, when there's a EXT_lights.dds file (no matter the exported format) in the skin folder (for stripes on headlights), I can't seem to start the showroom. Content Manager's custom showroom still shows it without a problem.

Sorry for my intrusion, but AFAIK It's a known issue, if an object is lighten via the ini file and it have its texture overwritten in the skin folder, it will crash the showroom.

Thanks @soberland for the info on that issue, I had no idea either, good to know for any future skin issues.
@mister dog that'll be awesome. So far other than physics help from @aphidgod I couldn't find any more help for this project, at least on the technical side of AC. It's using the Ferrari 312T sounds for now, which suits the car more than the stock one.

Speaking of which, sent the latest files to Aphidgod today so he'll be working on the final physics adjustments before the release. RSC version is ready with all the lods and skins working, so it's ready to go once I get the word from him. There'll also be some updates on the stock version.

I sent him some files a while back, but he probably put them aside to prepare his sound pack and then again to fix it post-1.9 changes... I'll revive that PM and see what's going on.

And then I'll get to work finishing the RSC, I guess! :)

Edit: holy crap, this model... :confused:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%