1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars (WIP) Ginetta G55

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Mods' started by Dave Begley, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Ive been working on and off on this car for around a month now. Some may have seen progress reports on it in the AC mod forum as Im making it for both sims.

[​IMG]

The rf2 version is comming along now and with the help of Stefan Woudenberg the body is now showing in devmode. I am currently working on the UVW unwrap for the body.

[​IMG]

As soon as i have a Template made i will release it and possibly a devmode version of the body so people can make skins and see how they look in game before the release of the mod.

Still a long way to go, but i think it will make a nice addition to the choice of cars in rf2.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Well well well... Good to see some work from you again Mr. Begley :) Looking very nice already. You doing the physics yourself as well for both sims?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Thankyou Marco,

Im going to give the physics a go myself but if it doesnt work out im sure a talented person who knows what there doing will help out.

I just thought as i cant race much due to my spine being fekked i might aswell open max up again and do something for the community. And if its good enough an RD Ginetta Supercup League would sound cool :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Eagerly awaiting it's release :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

6. that looks awesome great work :)

7. Ah right. a GT3 version would be awesome though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Maybe once i finished this one

Small update: UVW unwrap on the car body is complete and im building a template. Hit 1 problem though. It seems my A/O and shadow map are making the other colours look washed out.

[​IMG]

Im sure ill get it sorted out, but think i need a little break as im in loads of pain from overdoing it working on this.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

Well that was easy. Problem solved, i just reduced the fill slider for the A/O / Shadows layers.

[​IMG]

Now im off to rest, wheres that morphine :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Ive got it, mwah ha haaa

11. That's awesome, I race in the Ginetta Supercup in real life so naturally can't wait to have a go in this, if there's anything I can help with please get in touch! Would also love to put my name to a series using these cars in the virtual world! :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. any updates?

13. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

this looks really good, ui really hope that this mod is completed, i've always liked to see the ginetta cars, but i have never seen them on any game.
    good job :thumbsup: