1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Cars (WIP) Ginetta G55

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Mods' started by Dave Begley, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +560
    Ive been working on and off on this car for around a month now. Some may have seen progress reports on it in the AC mod forum as Im making it for both sims.

[​IMG]

The rf2 version is comming along now and with the help of Stefan Woudenberg the body is now showing in devmode. I am currently working on the UVW unwrap for the body.

[​IMG]

As soon as i have a Template made i will release it and possibly a devmode version of the body so people can make skins and see how they look in game before the release of the mod.

Still a long way to go, but i think it will make a nice addition to the choice of cars in rf2.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater Premium

Ratings:
    +3,189
    Well well well... Good to see some work from you again Mr. Begley :) Looking very nice already. You doing the physics yourself as well for both sims?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +560
    Thankyou Marco,

Im going to give the physics a go myself but if it doesnt work out im sure a talented person who knows what there doing will help out.

I just thought as i cant race much due to my spine being fekked i might aswell open max up again and do something for the community. And if its good enough an RD Ginetta Supercup League would sound cool :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    Eagerly awaiting it's release :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +560
  6. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +243
    that looks awesome great work :)

7. Nick Deeley

Nick Deeley

Ratings:
    +42

Ah right. a GT3 version would be awesome though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +560
    Maybe once i finished this one

Small update: UVW unwrap on the car body is complete and im building a template. Hit 1 problem though. It seems my A/O and shadow map are making the other colours look washed out.

[​IMG]

Im sure ill get it sorted out, but think i need a little break as im in loads of pain from overdoing it working on this.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +560
    Well that was easy. Problem solved, i just reduced the fill slider for the A/O / Shadows layers.

[​IMG]

Now im off to rest, wheres that morphine :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium

Ratings:
    +994
    Ive got it, mwah ha haaa

11. Max Coates

Max Coates

Ratings:
    +5
    That's awesome, I race in the Ginetta Supercup in real life so naturally can't wait to have a go in this, if there's anything I can help with please get in touch! Would also love to put my name to a series using these cars in the virtual world! :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +243
    any updates?

13. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    this looks really good, ui really hope that this mod is completed, i've always liked to see the ginetta cars, but i have never seen them on any game.
    good job :thumbsup:

14. MarcoBlondino

MarcoBlondino

Ratings:
    +0
    I notice there have been no updates on this thread for quite some time. Did this mod ever get completed? I'm really keen to have a go with it if it did! Apologies if I've missed a link somewhere...