[WIP] F1 Legends Racing 2.0

hi to all historic F1 Grand Prix fans,
just to let you know, after the august/september 2017 mod public release for GT Legends and GTR2 there is also the rFactor conversion process in work, which opens a question "how about AMS version?", right? :)

EDIT: finished and released, download here.

ok guys, here is a first blood shot:
ams_f112.jpg

Last edited:
hi guys, nope, there is no visible progress, I still am bit tired yet, after all the christmas / new year events to proceed on the AMS F1LR 2.0 mod :) I have to recharge my battery. same is it with the Marcos LM600 project.

the most work would take the new F1LR windshields - four main styles. well, its releasable without this feature of course, but it looks a lot better with this.

hi guys,
glad to see there still are people who patiently waiting for the mod release, thank you.

ok, as you can see, there is not any bit of the mod progress, but its not only the F1LR, its about all my sim modding work. I just stopped completelly to touch any kind of simrace or simflight stuff temporarly. its not because I would hate it, its just because I am bothering with other work now (3d print stuff related).

well, I am considering one thing now - to let finalise it by someone else, more AMS modding stuff experienced, but only by someone who really would be such finalisation able to do, yet in a short time frame.

if I good remember, there needs to make the RPM warning lights to get all working (AMS relevant experience needed) .
I will not bother with the new 3d windshields now, the original ones are good enough.
some objects would need to apply the proper shaders yet (driver helmets) - it means to redo the textures aswell (AMS shader, 3DSimEd and paint experience needed). and the mod lacks a menu logo matching the Reizas style - but this must be a render or image of our F1LR carset (paint or 3d render experience needed, 2D artist).

its a finalisation work for one week max, so I am awating such similar time frame.

Last edited:
hi guys,
glad to see there still are people who patiently waiting for the mod release, thank you.

ok, as you can see, there is not any bit of the mod progress, but its not only the F1LR, its about all my sim modding work. I just stopped completelly to touch any kind of simrace or simflight stuff temporarly. its not because I would hate it, its just because I am bothering with other work now (3d print stuff related).

well, I am considering one thing now - to let finalise it by someone else, more AMS modding stuff experienced, but only by someone who really would be such finalisation able to do, yet in a short time frame.

if I good remember, there needs to make the RPM warning lights to get all working (AMS relevant experience needed) .
I will not bother with the new 3d windshields now, the original ones are good enough.
some objects would need to apply the proper shaders yet (driver helmets) - it means to redo the textures aswell (AMS shader, 3DSimEd and paint experience needed). and the mod lacks a menu logo matching the Reizas style - but this must be a render or image of our F1LR carset (paint or 3d render experience needed, 2D artist).

its a finalisation work for one week max, so I am awating such similar time frame.

Thanks for this offer. Hopefully someone with the right skills will be motivated to polish and finalize all of the hard work that has already gone into this mod.

Last edited:
my yeared experience (since 90s) is the good moders are usually busy with its own stuff and / or having not much interest into other mod stuff support, when someone asks. so if there coming any conversion support offers, then from the rest of moding community, often by people who actually trying to learn things infact... latestly it did happen to me when I gave permission to convert my various stuff into Assetto Corsa.

I could, of course, release the actual AMS F1LR 2.0 mod stuff as a public beta, but again, from my yeared experience this is a way to hell. from a plenty of reasons.

Last edited:
Looks like another so well advertised project that will never see the light of the day.
And if its out sometime, will not be day anymore anyway...:(

Nothing personal against BorekSt, as I understand real life aways comes first. And he is honest in say that, instead of just dissappear.

But is really dissapointing regardless, after such tease.

Nowdays the expression "WIP" is almost the same as "Soon Dead".
At least for the Mods that catch my attention, majority never comes after all.

You can get this mod to work in AMS with rfactor tool (convert the Racefactor F1LR 2.0 mod), I have done this and it works in AMS ,however some things dont work as they should,dials,warning lights....but the cars drive and you get the feel of the mod!
I also found a issue on some racetracks where the cars constantly drive off the road.
To be honest its not a million miles from being complete and I hope it is finished to a good standard in AMS as I love these vintage cars, they just look good and are fun to drive.Thanks Borek for the work to date.

exactly... the AMS mod version is easy convertable from the rFactor F1LR 2.0.2 version, in one click so to speak, and I am sure many of AMS players already did it. ok, such unofficial kind of conversions without given permissions is not allowed and public unsharable. but if the players doing it for its own home usage, I cant ban it ;) however, such way you cant get a full AMS featured mod, of course.

I ve started the conversion this way too and just redid the 3d files and 2d files for AMS shaders, including the dirt tire effects. Ive also addapted the vehicle class definitions, to get them working properly ingame. I cant remember now, but I think the gauges / dials worked since the pure rF -> GSCE/AMS conversion, except the warning lights.

@mooneyman: the AI cars really can act bit dummy on curvy track. the AI driver settings is related to the driver files too. the .srs mod file loader path should be DriversDir=GAMEDATA\TALENT\F1LR2\ and the driver files should be made without spaced letters, eg: "GameData\Talent\F1LR2\BriceMcMaron.rcd". maybe it helps a bit.

anyway, its cca 6 months since the AMS F1LR mod project announcement, which on the moding scene is relativelly a short time frame, even for conversions ;)

Last edited:
Personally I dont want a rF conversion. In fact, Im totally against rF conversions to AMS, because it lacks quality in all senses.
I was excited about this project because all was up to AMS standards, and of course, with a proper released Mod, Leagues can use it without fear, and Im all about online racing.

So well, yeah...I rather wait for a properly done job, if it will be done at all.
If my only option is to have a rF simple conversion, then No, Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back