[WIP] F1 Legends Racing 2.0

hi to all historic F1 Grand Prix fans,
just to let you know, after the august/september 2017 mod public release for GT Legends and GTR2 there is also the rFactor conversion process in work, which opens a question "how about AMS version?", right? :)

EDIT: finished and released, download here.

ok guys, here is a first blood shot:
ams_f112.jpg

Last edited:
bsmooth said:
can't wait to try and see how they handle !
supposing a few people already tried to convert the rF mod version into AMS with the rF-GSCE conversion tool. it is not allowed without permissions of course, but its the quick way to check how the cars will handle...

Last edited:
well, I can say the car handling depends also on what for Automobilista game version the user have, I suppose... see below.

to be honest, at my Steam game version all Reizas cars seems to me they are undrivible with a keyboard control - which is for me as a 2D/3D mod stuff maker my default sim game control ;) my G25 steering wheel mostly sleeps patiently in a dusty box.

when turning the default F-Vintages cars left or right it tilts like a boat on a stormy sea. even the super-exaggerated GPL game car handling is a lot stable comparing to this :) Ive tried a few another AMS default cars, including something like Audi R18 looking car, and same result, it tilts like a boat when turning left / right, just less a bit, comparing to the F-Vintages.

and now the important thingy: Ive got from one friend some stripped AMS game variant, Steam independent, for internal testing our mods there too. what is interesting is the physical results made at this game variant - Ive made a copy of the F-Vintages into this game, out of a pure curiosity, ran it there and the "tilty boat" effect was a much much less noticable.

as to our F1LR cars, they runs at the Steam AMS game version very well, however they acting just bit more "wilder" comparing to the AMS stripped game variant. therefore its all about the current game engine updates, I would say.

note: original Reizas car physical files (hdc, tires, suspensions) and sfx soundset files are encoded into the AMS main exe file, to be protected from modding / ripping.

Last edited:
bsmooth said:
Just wondering If you had any videos yet, of the cars in action ?
OK, a rare smartphone record presenting AI race, cpit look from Britus 43. probably not what you wanted to see, but having nothing better...

looking for someone who could make a decent videofootage. a trailer, racing record, various cam cuts... in HD resolution.

Last edited:
This is looking brilliant. Thanks for creating this. :)

I'd love to help but my video editing skills aren't good enough. I'll see if anyone in the Australian group might be able to help.

Was it Sun that made that cool video after the V8Supercar race at Bathurst. Don't want to dob him in, I know he isa busy man. But that video was cool, a very well made edit. :p

Last edited:
thanks guys for bothering the video record case ;)
well, some trailer would be there just to "hook" some simracers to try the mod / to inform about some upcoming release, still for any common videofootage isnt needed anything special infact. I personally would do it all myself, but lacking a very important thing - a decently powered PC. and enough of free HDD space.

as to the video cuts etc. I just dislike boring videos presenting a car running ages on a track, taken from same "fly-by" external camera view (a PageDown key for AMS). every footage needs some kind of action... it can be achieved simply by switching the cameras when record, wisely :)

as to the trailers, again its easy, here is my short and actually a first videorecord made everfor youtube by past, created with Windows Movie maker. no Adobe Premiere needed :)

Last edited:
btw, together with the Britus 43 footage taken with my poor smartphone has been published two another records aswell, this time with Yonda RA300 . if you didnt noticed it and you still arent shocked of the video "quality" too much, you may check the stuff below.

Last edited:
ok guys, I was playing latest days to get working the cockpit RPM warning lights.
I never thought it is so complicated for AMS. once Ive got it working for one car finally by cloning the mesh material settings and cpitinfo.ini related row logics from F-Retro car, Ive cloned it into the other ones and the result is it doesnt work with no F1LR car... unbelievable.

this hugelly slowdowns the mod finalisation.

nah, mate :)
doing all the AMS stuff myself only, even dont know anyone from AMS modding scene. ok, Chiefs name I know, but not from AMS modding scene :)

will check and discover the issue maker again, but dunno when.

nah, mate :)
doing all the AMS stuff myself only, even dont know anyone from AMS modding scene. ok, Chiefs name I know, but not from AMS modding scene :)

will check and discover the issue maker again, but dunno when.

It's looking great man! And no shame in asking for a little help from the guys mentioned above. You have a great mod being developed and it deserves to be completed the way you intended it to be! You have already created something great , and to make it totally awesome on a new platform from guys who " know " that platform....could make your mod better then you may think is possible. And thank you!!....for creating such an awesome mod! Hope to be able to drive it one day.

thank you :)

yesterday Ive tried to rework the windshields for AMS mod version. they are remodelled, with a new glass shader.
its not exactly what I wanted to achieve yet, but does look not so bad, I would say :)

Last edited:
thank you ;)

well, I can say my plan is to fix a few things like the cpit warning light, the driver head mesh materials / mesh shaders and the windshields only, for the initial public release. unfortunatelly the christmass time is soon there, which means a time for family and friends rather then any deep night sitting at PC :)

well, during latest 15 years (or more) of a modding Ive learned a less is more, infact, so I am not hunting for making things superperfect... but I cant promise any release date, even not any aprox one :/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back