[WIP] F1 Legends Racing 2.0

hi to all historic F1 Grand Prix fans,
just to let you know, after the august/september 2017 mod public release for GT Legends and GTR2 there is also the rFactor conversion process in work, which opens a question "how about AMS version?", right? :)

EDIT: finished and released, download here.

ok guys, here is a first blood shot:
ams_f112.jpg

Last edited:
the F1LR 2.0 AMS conversion from rFactor use our original physic, made be deep-strike and its same as physics for the already released GTL and GTR2 version. well, some small changes are made, but only to AI driver properities.

in another words, those who downloaded the F1LR 2.0 for GTL or GTR2, already know hows our car stuff handling ;)

the F1LR 2.0 AMS conversion from rFactor use our original physic, made be deep-strike and its same as physics for the already released GTL and GTR2 version. well, some small changes are made, but only to AI driver properities.

in another words, those who downloaded the F1LR 2.0 for GTL or GTR2, already know hows our car stuff handling ;)

That is unfortunate, since we have superlative physics already in the AMS cars. All they need is the variations from the different makes and models graphics and sounds.

I was awaiting such kind of comment...

well, all I can say now is the AMS is extremely new kind of modding to me, having a rich experience with GTL, GTR2 and latest few years with rFactor only.

all what you can see here are my very first AMS conversion attempts and deep-strike even didnt started to bother study the AMS "superlative physics" :)

Not so sure about the handling of the Classic F1 cars in Automobilista. In almost any other sim with the earlier F1 cars they tend to turn in very well, but do tend to throttle off oversteer, which the cars in Automobilista don't do at all, they tend to understeer quite a bit instead.
Even in iRacing even the Skippy would do this , which is why you wanted some partial throttle in a turn.
Even a Formula Vee does this as well, and I have driven those IRL. So I think the handling could stand a few shall we say tweaks.
I can't wait to see these in AMS, great work so far ! Looks like there good for cutting the grass as well !

Last edited:
LOL, F1 lawn mowers.. :)
well, I have to point the rFactor > AMS F1LR 2.0 conversion screenshots above presenting the vey first test run these cars at this sim. the physics and AI driving skills are bit tweaked now:) such changes will be implemented into new GTL and GTR2 mod build.

exactly as you say, bsmooth, the final AMS F1LR 2.0 handling could get then a few shall we say tweaks :)
I think a best way would be to find some experienced AMS physics maker to talk about this with deep-strike. currently we are focused on the rFactor conversion corrections. meanwhile I am trying to discover the AMS modding differency. needs to note my work is 2D/3D stuff and file structure related, in things about physics and sounds I am not expert.

That is unfortunate, since we have superlative physics already in the AMS cars. All they need is the variations from the different makes and models graphics and sounds.
as to the AMS default physics case: deep-strike and me tried finally to look at the default F-Vintage 67 season car physics files (hdv file / the tire file / suspension file...) with such simple result - this is encoded into the AMS.exe, so to study such Reizas physics settings is a mission impossible and clearly answers which kind of physics will be used for the F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 mod for AMS - the rFactor one :)

the F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 for rFactor is fresh released public now (download here), so you can make own picture how our car handles :)

Last edited:
as to the current mod stage Ive decided to use some of the SRPL shaders / Reiza default mesh material shaders to fix / to avoid of the common rF-AMS conversion related visual issues... just tweaking the material / textures to match the AMS standards now :)

Looking forward to trying it when it makes it to AMS. I can't use rFactor any more...too frustrating to use and missing too many essentials now that AMS has spoiled me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%