1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks [WIP] Daytona

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Cruise83, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hi there, im working on a scetch-build-version of the Daytona Speedway with 3 Layouts (Oval, Roadcourse, Moto) and 30 pits.
    Roadmesh is finished (textures are not final) and i startet tu build the buildings and other objects.
    I think, version 0,1 can be released in a few days.

Here some first screenshots:

Screenshot 2016-08-23 19.27.44.jpg
    wScreenshot 2016-03-09 09.39.08.jpg wScreenshot 2016-05-16 22.03.59.jpg wScreenshot 2016-08-21 17.40.30.jpg
    • Like Like x 19
    • Love Love x 10
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. DutchDevil79

Premium Member

Owh cool, will be great to finally have a proper Daytona. Good luck
  3. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    GT3 is where it's at! Premium Member

Awesome! :thumbsup:
  4. Looks good so far!! Looking forward to it.
  5. That's amazing news! The lack of proper oval tracks is one of AC's weak points IMO, this will be one of my most anticipated mods of the year.

If you run into issues there are plenty of helpful and experienced track builders in the community (LilSky and Rigel come to mind) so you'll have lots of support.

Best of luck!
  6. cool
  7. Wow, nice one! I don't have a huge amount of interest in the oval but the infield course is an endurance classic. I need to find the Moto layout, didn't know there was one!
  8. Terra21

Premium Member

The road course always makes for some great racing.Excellent to see this being done thank you:thumbsup:.
  9. Thanks for your responses!
    If anybody whants to check in in this project, you will be welcome.
    At the moment, i tryout some different textures and shaders for the road and grassmesh.
    If this are done, i think i can release a first version for testing. :)

@ Roger Davis,
    here you can find the different Layouts:
    (source: Wikipedia)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Thanks, I didn't even know that Moto layout existed! Will be interested to try that out.
  11. Litle update:
    I worked at the road-shaders of the oval-mesh and placed some objects.
    Has anybody else the same problem that the Ks-editor shows only black-white since the last Update?
  12. LilSki

Premium Member

Go to utilities and data editor to set your defaults.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Always loved the road course at daytona, so this is most welcome. Should the earlier configuration bypassing the last chicane be included near final release time, that would be a nice bonus.

Certainly looks good so far :)
  14. First preview ;)
    • Like Like x 6
  15. LilSki

Premium Member

No offense but looks like you are driving on a pool table.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Terra21

Premium Member

the banking is way off pretty sure daytona banks are a lot bigger than that
  17. bigger, are you shure?
    Ive got 31degrees.
  18. LilSki

Premium Member

Banking is fine. It's the lack of any physical road detail and harsh banking transitions that are most troubling.
  19. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium Member

Well it's a first preview ;)
    And it seems like a pretty good start to me.
    Looking forward to it!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LilSki

Premium Member

Yeah that is true.