Cars WIP and coming soon: Ferrari's Opponents 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm proud to present what we've been working on the last two months. The full opposition for the RedPack Ferrari F138:

upload_2016-9-21_12-49-25.gif

Yes, there will be all ten teams / 20 drivers, invidual 3D and sound for each, 4K liveries, appropriate driver helmets and suits. We will release both a version with equal performance for online league racing, and one with realistically graded performance for recreating the offline experience of a 2013 season.

This project comes about as a cooperation between many people; it was me who got permission to convert the well acclaimed RF2 mod of that year, but I certainly didn't have the skills. Thanks to the Italian MSF modding team who happily offered to help and two very dedicated independent skinners this conversion is very close to becoming a reality, at about 80% of the work already done.

I will keep you updated...

Cheers

Helmut

Wow this is cool! The Pirelli tyre models and Ferrari sounds shouldn't be a problem I guess. From the video it seems you already have the car performance well balanced around the KS Ferrari.

Currently the offline balancing is centered around a player in the F138 using KERS and at least basic setup tricks (Aero, Gearing adjusted per track). That makes up to one second laptime difference. Which means the AI cars of our mod, especially the McLaren and Lotus as closest competition, are compared to real life a bit faster than the AI Ferrari because we want to challenge the player to really work for it. Also, Asetto AI in the same car has differences of up to half a second on repeat runs of the same weekend so a 100% perfect balance isn't possible either way.

I would recommend for the offline experience to take Alonso's car. Massa will be somewhere between 8-5th place as per real life and you can be 6th or 1st depending how clean you drive and how much effort you make in the details. As in the actual year, it shouldn't be easy to bring the Ferrari on a podium, but doable. I orientated myself mostly at the Q times of the German GP because that was closest to the F138 performance as Kunos delivered it out of the box. After the summer break the Red Bull got a real push which is not mirrored in this mod.

Sadly that whole scenario with human vs ai also means if a human player takes an "AI dedicated car" like the Williams, he can place quite a lot better than the real life team did. Because a human can fine tune more screws than the AI it's just not possible to have all AI cars "human adjusted" and at the same time "AI speed adjusted". Hope that explanation makes sense ;)

For the online edition all cars will perform the same, so it's not a problem there. Of course all cars are developed to high standard in cockpit and such, they are fully driveable.

Shaders look like they could so with some more work, like most converts the cars look very flat and almost matte in some areas. Especially the more metallic cars;
latest

Mercedes-W04-F1-Fansite.com-04.jpg

Also it may be me but the edges of the model looks pixelated as do parts of the skins. (Like the W04 Front Wing in the 3rd picture and the CEPSA logo in the 1st picture.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back