Tracks (WIP) Alemannenring / Germany

Hi there,
a long time ago we started a project we never really finished for the Game rFactor. But now we have a solid base for Assetto Corsa.

...good old Times are coming back!

ALEMANNENRING Racing e.V.
presents: Alemannenring / Singen - South Germany
coming for: Assetto Corsa

h899

The Alemannenring is located in Singen, a City with population of around 45.000 people. The temporary circuit was built up in the industrial area of the city and was venue for DTM Races in the years 1991 - 1995.
It gained reputation as Monaco of DTM, as the trackwidth was much narrower as Norisring or Avus, for example.
The Alemannenring in it´s classic Layout had only 8 Corners (six 90° corners, one chicane, one hairpin). Although most of the corners were only 90° Corners, each was very different and difficult to drive as Track width changes every corner.
After 1995 the DTM never come back to Singen and Alemannenring Racing e.V. (back in 2003 - 2009 only known as Alemannenring e.V.) tried to get DTM back. Unfortunately negotiations failed. Today racing on this Track is impossible, as the whole area changed a lot over the years. New roads and buildings raised up in the area of the Alemannenring taking away the track out of Singen.
Now it´s coming back in a state of the year 2009 when we recorded the whole data. The whole track is based on planes we received from the city Singen. Even the guardrailes in there old position were measured in help with surveying office of City Singen.

Mike (and Roland)
- Chairmens of Alemannenring Racing e.V. -

n20161025.jpg

EDIT:
As I just saw: There is a second Post of Alemannenring, of my colleague Roland in this forum, asking for Help.
For clarification:
It is the same project we both talking about. We are both chairmans of Alemannenring Racing e.V.. We are about to relaunch our Project together with the Modder who build the rFactor track and want to finish it now in Assetto Corsa!

Old Thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/alemannenring-singen-dtm-1991-1995.124088/

I´ve heard that there is an easter Surprise coming ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-8-7-29.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-8-7-29.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-9-40-35.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-9-40-35.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-10-41-7.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_alemannenring_31-3-118-10-41-7.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 302
Roads are done completly and acurate on +/-2cm on each direction.
Mainbuildings are all in and AI Line is done.
How did you manage that accuracy, private laser scan, special access to data from the city council? I'm curious.
Hope you make good use of that accuracy, as for now the visuals look a little dated. Really appreciate your work so far :)

It's not that far from the Swiss border, so maybe Singen lidar is available from the Swiss geo website. I did find free lidar for the Schleizer Dreieck circuit, though, so some areas are available :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back