[WIP]AI Mod v0,1b (Patch 1.2!)

Maybe I have an idea how to fix the out of sight bug. Will test this as soon as I have the time.
But don't expect too much. If it works, it will be very complicated to implement and also to realize. It will be much work and we would need many testers.

@Zlep mate i wish we can fix that if we can edit the exe we can fix some bugs also so i will be with you just tell me how to edit the f1 exe

He knows the same way I do which isn't editing the EXE. You CANNOT edit the EXE. You have to be a lot lot lot lot lot more advanced to do it. I tried and extracted the EXE but I couldn't do anything so it's useless. Only Razor1911 can do it and there's no way contacting them so.... We're f**ked up because CM are stupid... =/

It is, but there are some values which also effects the AI speed out of sight.
It has also to do with engine power in the database, e.g..

BTW. You can try to contact Helios in the official forum. Maybe he can ask Steve Hood. Of course they do not support modding but maybe he has a good day and helps...

It is, but there are some values which also effects the AI speed out of sight.
It has also to do with engine power in the database, e.g..

There was NO difference with the 1.2 exe and the cracked 1.0 exe. Only FPS. Old car handling, out of sight bug still working the same way... as for engine powers... it will make 0,1s per lap difference probably so it doesn't really matter. It's somewhere else! =/

BTW. You can try to contact Helios in the official forum. Maybe he can ask Steve Hood. Of course they do not support modding but maybe he has a good day and helps...

I don't have an account in the official forum as I am using a cracked game... But I've seen you there so you can go ahead and ask him. :D

I am VERY happy to announce that the Out of Sight bug has been FIXED! Melbourne => Legend AI => in sight - 1.25.8 out of sight - 1.25.8!

Now I need to test more tracks. As the coming days are going to be a hell for me I think I may work again on the mod maybe Wednesday or Thursday or even Friday. The current version of the mod is v0,7 which can tell you that we're not far away from release! The only problem now is my real life. If everything goes perfect I'll finish the mod in no time but if things get screwed it may come to you a little later.

I am VERY happy to announce that the Out of Sight bug has been FIXED! Melbourne => Legend AI => in sight - 1.25.8 out of sight - 1.25.8!

Now I need to test more tracks. As the coming days are going to be a hell for me I think I may work again on the mod maybe Wednesday or Thursday or even Friday. The current version of the mod is v0,7 which can tell you that we're not far away from release! The only problem now is my real life. If everything goes perfect I'll finish the mod in no time but if things get screwed it may come to you a little later.
Congratulations man! This is great news. :D

There was NO difference with the 1.2 exe and the cracked 1.0 exe. Only FPS. Old car handling, out of sight bug still working the same way... as for engine powers... it will make 0,1s per lap difference probably so it doesn't really matter. It's somewhere else! =/

I don't have an account in the official forum as I am using a cracked game... But I've seen you there so you can go ahead and ask him. :D

Did you ever read what I wrote? Here is a summary:
unpatched game = no out of sight bug
Patch 1.5 (the first one, most of the people don't know that there was a Patch 1.5) = out of sight bug
Patch 2 = out of sight bug
Patch 3 (what is known as Patch 2, so latest patch) = no out of sight bug

I have an account but my english is not good enough to write a nice letter to Helios.

I have to disapoint you. I explained it hundred of times: it depends on the track if there is a (big) out of sight gap or just a little. On some tracks the out of sight bag is just 0.1 or 0.2 seconds (like in Melbourne). On other it's 2 or 3 seconds. That is why we can't fix it. But I explained this long time ago.

That is what my idea was about: Every track needs another value to fix the out of sight bug. So theoretically we could put a .xml for each track. But that's very complicated and not easy to use. But it's the last chance I see.

I have to disapoint you. I explained it hundred of times: it depends on the track if there is a (big) out of sight gap or just a little. On some tracks the out of sight bag is just 0.1 or 0.2 seconds (like in Melbourne). On other it's 2 or 3 seconds. That is why we can't fix it. But I explained this long time ago.

That is what my idea was about: Every track needs another value to fix the out of sight bug. So theoretically we could put a .xml for each track. But that's very complicated and not easy to use. But it's the last chance I see.

I tried the Brazil ,Abudhabhi,India and there is no out of sight behaviour mate
i was playing with bottom teams and staying on P24 so that the top teams are out of sight and checking their times and all of them are same as insight timings
So i wish we can fix this bug

That is not the way you can test the out of sight bug.
First you have to choose a tier 1 team, cause the behavior is different.
Then you have to stay at least 3 rounds behind the leader, but far enough that he has not to block you. around 0.8 seconds are ok.
Then pit and drive another 2 or 3 rounds in your normal speed.

now you can compare the in and out of sight times.
if you changed anything to the vehicle_track_file.xml (braking points) you will now see the gap between in and out of sight.

Did you ever read what I wrote? Here is a summary:
unpatched game = no out of sight bug
Patch 1.5 (the first one, most of the people don't know that there was a Patch 1.5) = out of sight bug
Patch 2 = out of sight bug
Patch 3 (what is known as Patch 2, so latest patch) = no out of sight bug

I have an account but my english is not good enough to write a nice letter to Helios.

Patch 1.0 (No patch) - out of sight bug
Patch 1.1 - out of sight bug
Patch 1.2 - out of sight bug

I reinstalled the game last night and the out of sight bug IS working on the original game! It has a lot lower effect but it DOES WORK!

You don't disappoint me. I know what and how it is working. YES, it depends on the track. That's why I'm having testers and I'm willing to fix everything I can. And it has nothing to do with rmCurveModifier as you think. Yes, I set it to 1,127 but this changed only 1 or 2 tenths of a second. I checked a few tracks in the morning and for now it isn't 100% perfect but the bug is 99% gone. The only disappointing thing I saw i the morning was Monaco. The AI was 5 tenths slower or faster (I don't remember) when they're out of sight. I'll see if I can adjust it track-by-track but if I can't then I'll just make it average so the effect is there but it won't be noticeable.

That is not the way you can test the out of sight bug.
First you have to choose a tier 1 team, cause the behavior is different.
Then you have to stay at least 3 rounds behind the leader, but far enough that he has not to block you. around 0.8 seconds are ok.
Then pit and drive another 2 or 3 rounds in your normal speed.

now you can compare the in and out of sight times.
if you changed anything to the vehicle_track_file.xml (braking points) you will now see the gap between in and out of sight.

The breaking points and etc doesn't give any effect. It may make the out of sight bug more obvious, but it doesn't "activate" it. I tried editing a track and it doesn't matter. As for the testing, in my opinion it should be done in 3 laps races. It's a quali-like race, low fuel, no tyre problems and etc. If you do a longer race and pit, not pit, and s**ts, you'll get the result wrong. You have changing tyres, you have changing fuel amount. It's not so accurate. I test it in 3 laps races and I don't think of changing my way. I pick up Jenson Button (I'm his fan) and I start the race, move over and let them all pass. I follow the last (23rd) car and I see what lap times they do then I restart the race and drive with the first drivers and I see the time differences. It's simple as that.
I also don't think that the car he's driving gives any effect on their times. Why should the game car what car are you driving? It's simulating lap times and that's it, no matter what car you drive. Now I'm going to try if I can update it track-by-track and if it's possible, I'll clear the out of sight bug at 100%. If not - we'll just deal with a few tenths differences. The only track which has a big problem is India. It was OK with the old values and now they're a lot slower when they're out of sight. I haven't noticed this on any other track. From what I know about this bug, the tracks get separated into 2 tables (from now..). Tracks with lots of straights and tracks with lots of big turns and less straights. This is what makes the differences in the out of sight lap times. Example: Now I've set everything to be perfect for Melbourne as it's the first track and I've been testing there maybe all of this mod except the long races. In Melbourne, there's no out of sight bug at all. It is not a high-speed track and it has a lot of corners as does Monaco for example. It doesn't really matter. India is a very high-speed track, it has one very big straight and it makes the big difference. I tried Canada too which also has a big straight and the AI's were losing a few tenths when they're out of sight. Now Monaco, which I mentioned above is like a big corner itself. It has lots lots lots of corners and no straights at all. The AI's there were a few tenths quicker when they were out of sight. The good thing is that the differences are only tenths which won't matter that much and I'm going to at least try to remove 'em but the differences between before and now are HUGE. The AI's were making low 1.22 laps out of sight @ Melbourne and now they do it correctly. There wasn't a track which the difference was below 2 seconds except India. Now it's a whole different story! Anyways, it became a long text so I think I should end it. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 388 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 251 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 308 13.0%