[WIP]AI Mod v0,1b (Patch 1.2!)

Hi! Mod looks good but change pit stops time Mercedes is faster than Mclaren and absolutely Ferrari.and dont do a lot of failure at Qualifiying.And Kobayashi,Perez they can't stay Q3 usually first places red bull mclaren third places ferrari fourth places Mercedes after REnault I think If you do this mod will be better.Thanks your effort

Hi! Mod looks good but change pit stops time Mercedes is faster than Mclaren and absolutely Ferrari.and dont do a lot of failure at Qualifiying.And Kobayashi,Perez they can't stay Q3 usually first places red bull mclaren third places ferrari fourth places Mercedes after REnault I think If you do this mod will be better.Thanks your effort

That was an old review. It was on beta 0,2. Now we're on beta 0,5. As for the pit stop times, I rewatched every race and look at the times:

Williams: 4.0 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.5 / 4.3
Red Bull: 4.0 / 3.6 / 3.3 / 4.0 / 3.7 / 3.5 / 4.2 / 3.1 / 2.9 / 3.7 / 3.6 / 3.8 / 3.3 / 3.6 / 2.7
Ferrari: 3.3 / 4.2 / 4.2 / 4.1 / 3.0 / 3.4 / 3.0 / 3.7 / 4.1 / 3.6 / 4.5 / 3.4 / 3.3 / 3.2 / 3.2 / 4.1 / 4.6
Mercedes: 4.5 / 3.9 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.0 / 3.6 / 3.4 / 3.3 / 3.7 / 4.0 / 3.2 / 4.0 / 3.0 / 4.1 / 3.4 / 3.7 / 3.3
Renault: 4.5 / 3.8 / 3.6 / 3.8 / 3.7 / 3.6 / 3.5/ 3.9
McLaren: 4.9 / 4.2 / 4.4 / 4.1 / 3.2 / 3.9 / 3.4 / 3.5 / 3.5 / 3.7 / 3.5 / 3.2 / 3.7 / 3.9 / 3.6 / 3.3 / 3.4 / 3.5 / 3.4
Force India: 3.7
Toro Rosso: 4.4 / 4.3
BMW Sauber: 4.5 / 4.2

It's obvious where is Mercedes. They are faster through the whole pit lane but they're not that fast at changing tires.

As I won't be able to work on the mod these days, I'd like more suggestions so I can review what do you want and include it in the mod (if it's possible of course..).

Now the newest changes are:
- I lowered the fuel needed per lap so you don't have to do the whole race on Lean (Mix 1) so you can finish the race.
- I'm trying to fix the out of sight bug but without any result. =(
- Fixed the Safety Car (It didn't appear).
- The AI drives more carefully @ tracks like Monaco (I just forgot to mention this in the first post)

I have probably forgotten something but I'll include it when it gets to my mind.

- I lowered the fuel needed per lap so you don't have to do the whole race on Lean (Mix 1) so you can finish the race.
- I'm trying to fix the out of sight bug but without any result. =(
- Fixed the Safety Car (It didn't appear).
- The AI drives more carefully @ tracks like Monaco (I just forgot to mention this in the first post)
I have probably forgotten something but I'll include it when it gets to my mind.
Thanks for the update! All good changes imho, this is looking to be a very good mod by the sounds of it. How many DNF's do you get per race now? For Monaco, did you manage to keep the DNF's the same (actually slightly higher would be better) without nerfing the Ai's aggression?

Any idea when you will be able to release it? (even a beta would be nice) I don't mean to pressure you so if it needs more work then take your time, just wondering.

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod.:)

Thanks for the update! All good changes imho, this is looking to be a very good mod by the sounds of it. How many DNF's do you get per race now? For Monaco, did you manage to keep the DNF's the same (actually slightly higher would be better) without nerfing the Ai's aggression?

Any idea when you will be able to release it? (even a beta would be nice) I don't mean to pressure you so if it needs more work then take your time, just wondering.

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod.:)

I get 3-4 DNFs per race. The last 100% race I did was India and I have 3 DNFs there. I actually wrote a review for the race. Let me just find it.

1. Me (Heidfeld) - 1.23.786 (Fastest Lap)
2. Webber +29.175 - 1.26.129
3. Vettel +30.876 - 1.26.271
4. Massa +38.605 - 1.26.191
5. Rosberg +48.741 - 1.25.883
6. Petrov +57.168 - 1.26.438
7. Schumacher +57.244 - 1.26.258
8. Hamilton +1.03.004 - 1.25.865
9. Button +1.03.277 - 1.25.438
10. Alonso +1.09.072 - 1.25.900
11. Sutil +1.13.869 - 1.26.998
12. Di Resta +1 lap - 1.27.234
13. Barrichelo +1 lap - 1.27.141
14. Algersuari +1 lap - 1.27.448
15. Maldonado +1 lap - 1.27.570
16. Perez +1 Lap - 1.27.031
17. Buemi +1 Lap - 1.26.865
18. Liuzzi +2 Laps - 1.28.598
19. D'Ambrosio +2 Laps 1.29.328
20. Glock +2 Laps - 1.29.455
21. Kartikeyan +2 Laps - 1.29.613
22. Kobayashi - DNF - --:--:--
23. Kovalainen DNF - --:--:--
24. Trulli DNF - --:--:--

Button and Alonso crashed and they needed to do 1 more pit stop than everyone else. Hamilton had crashed later too because he was with 3 pit stops too. I had problems with the break balance, and I couldn't push as hard as I wanted to, at least in the beginning when I was chasing but it was a too easy victory anyways. The out of sight bug is making more fun races! :D

As for Monaco, I haven't done a 100% Monaco race but the AI there is more cautious and you may have less DNFs there. Mind that I don't play with tuned car damage but the AI's aren't made stupid. They're made just too aggressive. Anyways, I won't have much time this weekend and the out of sight bug needs maaany many many testings to get the damn value right! And I can't understand how this number works! It may take a couple of days to get it right and it may take just a few minutes. It depends more on luck now. I've had the out of sight bug before I made this mod but now when I try to balance the teams and etc it gets harder because @ Qualifying you get unexpected things. One time I even got a Virgin in P9 (Q1, not Q3) which is very frustrating! I may do a little more work on it and release it but the out of sight bug will make a LOT of people let's say it.. unhappy.. :D And I want it to be perfect when I'm releasing it.

An average of 3 DNF's is good since it is rare that we have 23 or 24 cars finish a race, but still in line with level of reliability we have today. I wish you could make Monaco more than that though.

2011: 6 DNF
2010: 12 DNF
2009: 5 DNF
2008: 6 DNF
2007: 4 DNF

So, from the past 5 Grand Prix Monaco has seen an average of 6.6 DNF's. Would it be possible for you to increase the DNF at Monaco so we get a range of 4-6 or 4-8 DNF's? I know this is probably a delicate value to play with and easy to make it a chaotic destruction derby, but I really do think an average 3 DNF is too low.

Is there a way you could release a preview of your mod with the changes that do not trigger the out of sight bug? or are your changes too complex for that to be possible? I thought it's just braking points that trigger out of sight bug so if you could maybe do a version without those changes? (or is there something else triggering the bug?)

Thanks again for your response and I'm glad to hear you're testing 100% races!

An average of 3 DNF's is good since it is rare that we have 23 or 24 cars finish a race, but still in line with level of reliability we have today. I wish you could make Monaco more than that though.

2011: 6 DNF
2010: 12 DNF
2009: 5 DNF
2008: 6 DNF
2007: 4 DNF

So, from the past 5 Grand Prix Monaco has seen an average of 6.6 DNF's. Would it be possible for you to increase the DNF at Monaco so we get a range of 4-6 or 4-8 DNF's? I know this is probably a delicate value to play with and easy to make it a chaotic destruction derby, but I really do think an average 3 DNF is too low.

Is there a way you could release a preview of your mod with the changes that do not trigger the out of sight bug? or are your changes too complex for that to be possible? I thought it's just braking points that trigger out of sight bug so if you could maybe do a version without those changes? (or is there something else triggering the bug?)

Thanks again for your response and I'm glad to hear you're testing 100% races!

Well actually I'm having the out of sight bug even with the original files. It's not the mod that activates it. At least for me. From patch 1.2 I'm having problems with the out of sight bug. =/ As for Monaco, I'm now concentrated on the out of sight bug but I'll see what I can do. And again, mind that I don't play with realistic damage so you'll have more DNFs if you use it. Oh and by the way, if I fix the out of sight bug, I'll fix the breaking points too.

And another thing I noticed is that @ India if you do 100% race when they're out of sight, they'll do only a few tenths better.

And actually, I'm not testing. I have 3 testers. 2 of them are testing and I don't know what's happened to the 3rd one but he hadn't written a thing. Anyways I did a 100% race on version 0,3 or 0,4 (I don't remember) and a 50% race on version 0,1. All the other tests were made by the testers and they're really helping me out because I'm getting bored of 100% races and I wouldn't make a few per day.

As for the video, I was thinking about it too but I don't know what exactly to show. My first preview was just on one race and it didn't show almost anything. I mean it was not made good and I don't know what and how to do it but I may try to do one.

EDIT:
Anyone knows how to change my topic's name? I mean I want to edit it from v0,1 to v0,5.​

They definitely fixed the out of sight bug with patch 2. and that's the problem. If they wouldn't have fixed it we could fix it by ourself, cause with patch 1 we had a solution. With patch 2 every change messes up the game. sometimes with a big effect sometimes just with a little.

They definitely fixed the out of sight bug with patch 2. and that's the problem. If they wouldn't have fixed it we could fix it by ourself, cause with patch 1 we had a solution. With patch 2 every change messes up the game. sometimes with a big effect sometimes just with a little.

If the physics weren't.. "Fixed" with patch 2, I wouldn't use it too.. They fix 1 thing and mess up 10 more... It's like they're trying what will happen if they change this or that.... =/

If the physics weren't.. "Fixed" with patch 2, I wouldn't use it too.. They fix 1 thing and mess up 10 more... It's like they're trying what will happen if they change this or that.... =/
Yup, more like BugMaster's than CodeMaster's if you ask me. Patch 1 was terrible though since for me they totally nerfed FFB it almost felt like Shift 2! I think all they did with patch 2 is revert the physics to the original game, fix 11/11 springs and did a quick "fix" on the Ai.

I get that it's a pain to have to test the patch and then wait WEEKS for it to go through MS and Sony QA (even for PC because of GFWL) but that is really no excuse for a terrible patch.. (But that's enough about that I don't want to have us go OT)
Well actually I'm having the out of sight bug even with the original files. It's not the mod that activates it. At least for me. From patch 1.2 I'm having problems with the out of sight bug. =/
I didn't know that your DNF's were just failures and not from collisions so maybe keep Monaco the same then, there will definitely be more when damage is on! :)
As for Monaco, I'm now concentrated on the out of sight bug but I'll see what I can do. And again, mind that I don't play with realistic damage so you'll have more DNFs if you use it. Oh and by the way, if I fix the out of sight bug, I'll fix the breaking points too.

And another thing I noticed is that @ India if you do 100% race when they're out of sight, they'll do only a few tenths better.

And actually, I'm not testing. I have 3 testers. 2 of them are testing and I don't know what's happened to the 3rd one but he hadn't written a thing. Anyways I did a 100% race on version 0,3 or 0,4 (I don't remember) and a 50% race on version 0,1. All the other tests were made by the testers and they're really helping me out because I'm getting bored of 100% races and I wouldn't make a few per day.

As for the video, I was thinking about it too but I don't know what exactly to show. My first preview was just on one race and it didn't show almost anything. I mean it was not made good and I don't know what and how to do it but I may try to do one.
I had no idea the out of sight bug existed in the vanilla game. I drive the lotus in career mode so I am more or less assuming the problem is I am in a bottom car, I can usually finish somewhere around P20- 17. I haven't done any extensive tests in GP mode with a midfielder so now I am curious!

Glad to hear that you have (almost) fixed it though:D . If it is better than the vanilla game then focus on finishing the mod so we can all test for you! (I am waiting another week for a load cell for my brake so there is no rush from me!:cool: )

Don't worry about the video, I don't think you can show much with it anyway. Maybe just a couple shots of the Ai doing proper overtakes and brake points really is all you can do. I think it would be better if you posted race results with the Ai's times etc (like you already posted).
Anyone knows how to change my topic's name? I mean I want to edit it from v0,1 to v0,5.​
I don't think you can do that unless you get one of the staff to change the thread title for you.

Yup, more like BugMaster's than CodeMaster's if you ask me. Patch 1 was terrible though since for me they totally nerfed FFB it almost felt like Shift 2! I think all they did with patch 2 is revert the physics to the original game, fix 11/11 springs and did a quick "fix" on the Ai.

I get that it's a pain to have to test the patch and then wait WEEKS for it to go through MS and Sony QA (even for PC because of GFWL) but that is really no excuse for a terrible patch.. (But that's enough about that I don't want to have us go OT)
I didn't know that your DNF's were just failures and not from collisions so maybe keep Monaco the same then, there will definitely be more when damage is on! :)I had no idea the out of sight bug existed in the vanilla game. I drive the lotus in career mode so I am more or less assuming the problem is I am in a bottom car, I can usually finish somewhere around P20- 17. I haven't done any extensive tests in GP mode with a midfielder so now I am curious!

Glad to hear that you have (almost) fixed it though:D . If it is better than the vanilla game then focus on finishing the mod so we can all test for you! (I am waiting another week for a load cell for my brake so there is no rush from me!:cool: )

Don't worry about the video, I don't think you can show much with it anyway. Maybe just a couple shots of the Ai doing proper overtakes and brake points really is all you can do. I think it would be better if you posted race results with the Ai's times etc (like you already posted). I don't think you can do that unless you get one of the staff to change the thread title for you.

Yep the Out of Sight bug existed even in the first version. It doesn't appear now. But it could be fixed before patch 1.2! Now it's unfixable! The effect can be made a little lower but that's all. I couldn't do anything else. If I lower the value below 1.0 the AI's crash everywhere, they don't do the turns and you're just "OMFG?!"

As for the weeks waiting and s**t.. They knew they had to wait and why didn't they finished their work. Now they have to do another patch to sort things out (which I'm 100% sure won't happen).

Now I have to apologize because my damage multiplier was 1,3 not 0,5! I forgot I was testing the safety car and I didn't turn it back to 0,5. Now the technical failures are very rare! Now I made a 100% race without the realistic damage and there weren't any DNFs but there were a lot heavy crashes! Hamilton had pitted 2 more times. At the first 2 corners there were a few heavy crashes which resulted in a lot of pit stops in the first lap. Like I said above, the AI is made aggressive but not stupid! They don't just go to each other and say "haha, what a noob, let's hit him to see who's car is better!" like the online jerks.. :D They just try to overtake harder and I may make them a little more aggressive but I'm afraid they'll be too Hamilton-like.

So what you're saying is CM fixed the ai out of sight bug the wrong way?! wow that's bad.

Good luck working on the damage/DNF/safetycar.

That's not right.
Out of sight bug occurred first time with Patch 1.5, what was Patch 1 for PC users, cause there was a fix just before release of the game. PS3 users know what I'm talking about.
If you use Razor1911 EXE there is no out of sight bug exactly like with Patch 2.

That's the reason why we never can fix this, cause it is based in the EXE.

That's not right.
Out of sight bug occurred first time with Patch 1.5, what was Patch 1 for PC users, cause there was a fix just before release of the game. PS3 users know what I'm talking about.
If you use Razor1911 EXE there is no out of sight bug exactly like with Patch 2.

That's the reason why we never can fix this, cause it is based in the EXE.

Well on patch 1 I was with Razor1911 and now when I look at my first pictures of the game, you're right! But after that I started using the original EXE (because there's no crack for 1.2) + Daemon Tools and from then maybe it has appeared. Hmm, that's strange. So I should find a cracked exe and it will be fixed?

No, they just changed and fixed some values which are responsible for the AI speed (in and out of sight) in the EXE. If we could open the EXE we could fix it by ourself. But of course we are not able to do this, cause we would need cracking abilities like Razor1911.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back