Tracks WIP - 60's Zandvoort - F3 Classics Tracks

Sergio Loro

Premium
Hello to everyone!
I started this thread to show some of the progress done with this fantastic track.
Circuit Zandvoort hosted Dutch Grand Prix from 1952 to 1985. I am going try to recreate the mid 60's version of track, when tracks was rounded by a wire fence with tiny wood post :rolleyes:.
It is a fantastic track, layout is just amazing and drove around it a pleasure.
I am sure this version are going to provide many hours of fun for all of you.
A couple of screenshot to show work done so far, wich is focus to create the nature enviroment. All this textures are WIP, so changes can be done later.
Lets have fun :laugh:

1.jpg
20161106151241_1.jpg
20161106151255_1.jpg
20161106151311_1.jpg
20161106151325_1.jpg
20161106151425_1.jpg
20161106151440_1.jpg
20161106151500_1.jpg

Fantastic news Sergio !
I love this track since GPL days, and had great hours of racing on it with Power&Glory on a GTR2 version that was quite fun.
So you are right, and we will get a lot of fun when released.

in the second screen i thought you added cows!!
it looks good already, very country atmosphere
i looked at google map, the sea is right next door to the track, but the new layout has tiny hills to cut the sounds i imagine, which obstruct any sea view. Any chance your version will have clear view ?

• Deleted member 130869

Perfect for certain replay cameras! The initial colors are of better saturation than the other tracks, I know colors are tough but if you can get them close to real life it will be fantastic for immersion. I like the curbs.

Hello to everyone!
I started this thread to show some of the progress done with this fantastic track.
Circuit Zandvoort hosted Dutch Grand Prix from 1952 to 1985. I am going try to recreate the mid 60's version of track, when tracks was rounded by a wire fence with tiny wood post :rolleyes:.
It is a fantastic track, layout is just amazing and drove around it a pleasure.
I am sure this version are going to provide many hours of fun for all of you.
A couple of screenshot to show work done so far, wich is focus to create the nature enviroment. All this textures are WIP, so changes can be done later.
Lets have fun :laugh:

View attachment 159323 View attachment 159332 View attachment 159333 View attachment 159334 View attachment 159335 View attachment 159336 View attachment 159337 View attachment 159338
Hey Sergio,

A very good job so far my Friend, the track undulation, blind corners and scary fence poles will make for an exhilarating ride,

Keep up the good work...........

ET

Looking pretty good Sergio. I would like to mention a few points that stick out to me in the shots.

First is the resolution of the hill sides could be subdivided/smoothed a little. I see one too many sharp points that are not natural.

Second is the grass. Where there is sand make sure you delete the 3D grass in that area. It also helps to have a "softer" bottom edge on the grass texture. Try to have transparent spaces between some of the grass at the bottom so it isn't a solid edge of green across the whole texture.

Sweet work sofar! Are you using lidar data? If not, it might make things easier to get right. Although not much is left of the original track, perhaps the surroundings haven't changed much.

for most of sorrunding area i used lidar data. for areas close to track i used a mix of techniques, basically all that area is made by hand using video, photo and any reference i can found. I used this technique since the GPL days, and its work great for me :), anyway all the time i tryng to add new techniques everytime it is possible :)
Zandvoort it is a great challenge, because its unique sorroundigns :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back