Tracks WIP - 60's Hockenheim Update.

This is looking rather well improved! Continue su gran trabajo, Sergio!

The colors may be an easy tweak towards the end, but there is some unbalance and saturation going on. The grass has the look of post-rain while overcast at a distance but with less green on the RGB balance, though it looks to be a sunny day. I can't speak to the yellow tower as I have absolutely no reference though.

ps: natural or the natural_mod filter (from the v3.7 or 3.8 pack you can find here) may be the best to work from for ingame checks.

yes! there is always room for improvement :) a final tweak is always necessary :) thanks for the tips :D

• Deleted member 130869

No, no, thank you for working on the tracks and always being gracious regarding feedback! lilski and the other talented track makers (I tried a few for myself back in GP4 and early rf days, never continued!) are the ones who give tips :p.

a sort of WIP lap all around short circuit :D
a few details to add and i can move to long circuit :thumbsup:
20161214091512_1.jpg
20161214091526_1.jpg
20161214091539_1.jpg
20161214091633_1.jpg
20161214091654_1.jpg
20161214091705_1.jpg
20161214091716_1.jpg
20161214091730_1.jpg
20161214091740_1.jpg
20161214091750_1.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

Though I do suspect this is due to the W.I.P. nature and you have it in mind, I'll just write anyway :p. The layout looks nice but the crowds are too colorful and saturated, they don't blend in with the environment and can be distracting. The trees too really stand out especially the trackside ones (crowd too). Is it possible to make them simple 3D objects when they're trackside? And the same with the crowd... or for aesthetics sake, though detrimental to environment, remove them?

Now that is out of the way, really nice to see these shots and the progression! The pre-2002 layout (even the one with chicanes) is historic and one of my absolute favorite tracks. The atmosphere going into the forest with the trees all around is fantastic :).

all large trees next to track had 3d trunks, expect for the young pines next to paddock area, i have to take a look to this, since last few days they start to look out of scene, so i am going to try find out a solution for this.
most of 2d people is 10/15m away for track and i feel happy about how it looks. i put 3d guys close to track, like marshalls and some pit guys. i really would like to add 3d people all around, but that will hurt perfomance, and i dont like a empty tracks, this is more from the "artist" side, once this sim or any future sim allow to use fully 3d crowds i am going to be the first one to use it.
at motodrom i try to found a way to do grandstands that looks decent, the cartonish effect is there, but is the best i can imagine now, that does not mean i can found a new solution for this and apply it.
finally, once you start to drove around it, most of this "effects" disapear, and you will be focus on track, for sure :)
i had to check all textures saturation to make all look homogeneus.
I really appreciate your feedback, this is what makes me a better artist every day, i know perfection cant be matched, but for sure we can get a final result that makes people had a smile on his face, wich is the final goal for all this :)
thank you :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back