Tracks WIP - 60's Hockenheim Update.

Most old tracks are much more interesting. Take Spa for example. The current one vs the old layout. Eau rouge is about the only thing that is the same.

I would prefer the old track any day.

Whilst I love and appreciate old track layouts, I think Spa is one of the few where the 'new' one where the new one is not necessarily a downgrade; I love the old one, but with modern cars its terrible - its pretty much all flat out - whereas the new one provides a thrilling challenge for modern cars, whilst being plenty safe enough.

In 60's cars, yeah the Old Spa is truly terrifying, and a massive challenge, but its had its time. Just glad it wasn't someone like Tilke who was in charge of modernising Spa, it would have lost all character.

most of old track are interesting if you drove a "old car" (actually it was new when track was active :laugh: ), but that magic go away when you drove it in a modern super high downforce car.
from the visual side, Reims for example, it is a "boring" layout, but all the scenary is just fantastic :), same apply for most of tracks.

reims-carrera-1961-almacen-laf1.es_.jpg

It's not been changed that much. It still has it's charm, and feel of the old track. Spa has two thirds missing. And Monza and a gazillion others. They might be a lot safer - but the charm is gone.
Anyway - enough of me rambling on about the old tracks.

Sergio Loro, you are doing a good job getting the old feel back.

Really wish there were more of the "old guard" choosing to work in modern sims. We would have so many more fantastic old tracks available.

Thanks again, Sergio. Legends never die :)

Wonderful work. Yours and Lilski's really carry the atmosphere of the old circuits, the dedication and attention to details with so little available reference material is amazing and so lucky for us racers.

I'm not gonna request any circuits, I am so grateful for any you guys produce,

Really good work. Some critique:

The textures seem a little dark and sterile, very uniform. And the track could use a little more specularity

Keep up the good work :)

wow, so much life :)

I wonder how it will strike on performance, if you need someone to test for performance, it could be me ! :D

And where are these formulas from, are these legit ? :)

• Deleted member 130869

This is looking rather well improved! Continue su gran trabajo, Sergio!

The colors may be an easy tweak towards the end, but there is some unbalance and saturation going on. The grass has the look of post-rain while overcast at a distance but with less green on the RGB balance, though it looks to be a sunny day. I can't speak to the yellow tower as I have absolutely no reference though.

ps: natural or the natural_mod filter (from the v3.7 or 3.8 pack you can find here) may be the best to work from for ingame checks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back