[WIP] 1997 ADAC Super Tourenwagen Cup Mod

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted any screenshots over the past few days. However, I can tell you that I've been working quite hard. I have completed more skins, as well as improved some my already-finished skins.

Tomorrow's my birthday, so I won't be able to post anything then, but I will have some new screenshots sometime during the weekend. :)

xx7pqmpaf.gif

and have a nice day .

If there is need for more (special-) information about some drivers or cars, i'll try to help. ;)

Wow, thanks guys. Yes, I did have a good birthday. By the way, you can simply call me Pat. It will be much easier for you than trying to type out "oreillyunitedfc" every time. ;)

Okay, time for more photos. Thommo's now on the grid...

Team Honda Sport - Honda Accord
#32 - James Thompson

AUGROS-MIG Austria Team - Audi A4
#46 - Raimund Baumschlager

Fun fact: He appeared as a guest driver at the Zweibruecken meeting in '97, but Raimund Baumschlager is also a nine-time champion of the domestic Austrian Rally series.

I've darkened the orange colour on all three AUGROS-MIG Audis. In the picture below, Baumschlager's car is on the left showcasing the new colour, while the previous colour is on the right, so you can compare the pair.

These types of wheels were used essentially during qualifications : Better for aerodynamic but not for cooling brakes.

Yep, you're right. Hungarian Team Unicorse has the ex-Engstler Alfa 155 D2, and they said that these wheels were used in order to heat up the brakes, especially in rainy conditions and/or (as you said) under qualifications.

Thanks, and well done Andreas. It's always great to see those little improvements mate.

Right now I'm very busy, but I am promising more screenshots tomorrow. I have plenty of stuff to show you guys. :)

I just thought I'd also talk to you guys about a few things...
FuNK! - Great work on the Vectra mate! However, it is a little too late to use it in my mod.

Samu15, Balazs, Hage - Yes, those "discs" were used a lot during qualifying. As you guys know, they were most commonly seen on the BMWs, but they were also seen occasionally on the Vectras during 1997. Peugeot and Honda then used them in later seasons.

I tried one last time to integrate those wheels into the mod, but I was unsuccessful. I cannot do it without the rims looking transparent at certain angles. This happens because they're not the same design as the BMW's default BBS rims. I also don't know how to have them on the rear wheels only, instead of them being on all four wheels. Sorry guys.

Alfa :)

J.A.S. Engineering - Alfa Romeo 155
#35 - Christian Danner
#36 - Stefano Modena

Fun fact: Ex-F1 men Modena and Danner both followed Alfa to the STW Cup after the demise of the ITC.

Fun fact #2: Both drivers had very contrasting seasons. Modena was the only Alfa driver to finish races inside the top ten, while Danner suffered a torrid season, finishing a lowly 29th in the standings.

Thanks for your kind words guys.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've made some "extra" skins for drivers who used more than one livery during 1997. When the mod is released, these skins will be in a separate folder. I'm doing this to give you guys an extra bit of choice.

Here are some extra Vectra skins for Alzen, Thiim and Bartels. I said I wasn't gonna do another Paulaner skin, but I lied! Alzen's Paulaner livery is one of my favourites from the '97 field.

Also, here's the variation of the Abt Sportsline skin that featured Red Bull logos. This livery was used late in the season. Abt's heading for the gravel...

Here are some more little things I've been working on. I've improved the font on the windows, and also fixed the position of the driver names, so they're more in the centre of the window.

stw_window_font.png

I've also done some work on the interiors. I've replaced the Auto Trader logos with unique incar "plates". Hopefully it will add to the STW experience...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%