[WIP] 1997 ADAC Super Tourenwagen Cup Mod

STW97_Mod_Title.png

Coming soon to GTR Evolution...the 1997 ADAC Super Tourenwagen Cup!

Hey guys. As some you may know, I've been doing STW skins, and am currently in the process of skinning every car from the 1997 field.

I've really found the incentive to do skins for a championship that I, as well as many others, loved back in the day. Although I made the Mark Lemmer Vectra skin for the BTCC '98 mod, I don't usually skin cars. However, I've really tried to take my time with each car, to make each livery as accurate and realistic as possible for you guys.

The screenshot of Aiello's Peugeot in the other thread was simply a teaser, just the tip of the iceberg. I have almost completed the entire field (except the Alfas of course).

It must be said that this project wouldn't have been made possible without Andreas' fantastic Super Touring '98 mod. He's really won a lot of fans with it, and I have a lot of respect for him and his work.

I just need to make this clear. I probably won't release this skin mod until Andreas completes the Alfa Romeo. But know that STW is on its way!

I'm going away for the weekend, but before I do, I'm leaving another teaser for you guys. More screenshots will be uploaded once I get back. Watch this space. :)

Attachments

• STW1997NumberPlate.png
    STW1997NumberPlate.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 877
  • stw_grid_wip2.jpg
    stw_grid_wip2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,157
Great to see some of you are excited about this. Right now I'm busy with a few things, but when I get some time, I'll be posting plenty of screenshots here for you guys. :)

Andreas, you don't need to rush.

Great to see some of you are excited about this. Right now I'm busy with a few things, but when I get some time, I'll be posting plenty of screenshots here for you guys. :)

Andreas, you don't need to rush.

awesome mate, take your time with it all, the reason for so much excitement is that this year i personally think was the best year in the stw cup, such close and exciting racing

I also think that 97 was the best year of this series.

oreillyunitedfc, did you move from Germany to Sydney? It's really hard to believe that someone from Australia has so much expert knowledge of a series that wasn't very popular among the bigger audience even in it's home country..... Just curious ;-)

oreillyunitedfc, did you move from Germany to Sydney? It's really hard to believe that someone from Australia has so much expert knowledge of a series that wasn't very popular among the bigger audience even in it's home country..... Just curious ;-)

it was shown out here in australia, channel ten had the rights to it, i remember watching it, plus i also videoed all of it

plus i also videoed all of it

Don't you want to post some videos here? :D

If you can convert them into the right format and it doesn't take too long for you, it would be much appreciated. Also, it could improve the quality of the mod, because talent files etc. could be made more realistically.
But most of all I want to see it all again, childhood memories. Youtube has some but not enough.

No, I've never been to Germany!

As Michael said, the 1997 season was shown on TV here, with American commentary.

But that's beside the point. I am one of the biggest Super Touring fans you'll find. I loved the BTCC and STW Cup during the 90s. I read about it all the time, and never missed a race on TV. Youtube's great for nostalgia, but as Robert said, it would be great to see more! :)

I picked the 1997 season, not because I saw it on TV. After watching bits of every season, I believe '97 season was the strongest. Every STW champion (Cecotto, Winkelhock, Aiello, Pirro, Abt) took part. I also think it had the best field, both in cars and drivers. The only cars that were missing from the '97 field were the Ford Mondeos.

By the way, you guys can refer to me as Pat. ;)

I'm really sorry about keeping you waiting guys. I've had some very important issues to worry about lately.

Anyways, here's the first of many screenshots. I'm thinking that I'll post shots of each individual car. First up...

Audi Sport / ROC Competition - Audi A4
#1 - Emanuele Pirro
#2 - Philipp Peter
#3 - Yvan Muller
#4 - Tamara Vidali

Fun fact: In 1997, only three of the four works Audis were 4WD. Yvan Muller drove the first works A4 to run with front-wheel drive. Therefore, you may notice that his roof has "Audi Sport" on it, while the others have "Audi Quattro" on theirs. This came a year before the complete banning of 4WD in Britain.

Okay, here's more...

BMW Team Bigazzi - BMW 320i
#5 - Johnny Cecotto
#6 - Joachim Winkelhock

Fun fact: The great Johnny Cecotto was the only driver to win the STW Cup twice ('94 and '98).

Fun fact #2: In 1997, Team Bigazzi was the only works team to have each of their drivers win a race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%