F1 2011 Wing settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Despite the suspention bug, I think CM did a better job of the downforce settings this year. In '10 I could run stupidly low wing levels on virtually all the tracks but it's different this year. In an online race at Suzuka I ran 6/4 wing in qually and finished P2, 2 tenths off pole. The car felt good but thought I could take the rear wing down a notch to 3 to gain some straight line speed. . . I span two times exiting 130R and ruined a possible race win lol

Im not sure if the difference between front and rear had an influence as well, a difference of 2 makes the car alot more stable than 3, even if overall the levels are low.

I think it's all about the difference. The front wing is the part that gets the nose around the corner, the rear wing is there to stabalise you so you don't oversteer. More front wing = more oversteer, more rear wing = more understeer & drag. The only reason you want a rear wing >1 is to counteract the massive oversteer you get with a high front wing.

So people are still running 1 rear wing at the downforce tracks like Suzuka, Hungary etc? Im talking about no assists and without the daft suspention.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%