Windshield brighter than side window "not an issue" according to devs...

...but is it really realistic? Here's how it looks in Assetto Corsa right now:

50NTMbb.jpg

One of the developers said:

guys... IT IS NOT AN ISSUE.
Lateral glass is darker than windshield, not the opposite.

I've personally never been in a car that had colors show up differently through different windows (that didn't have tinted glass applied, but in some countries is illegal to have in the front anyway).

How about you?

Well I know for a fact, that many cars (more modern) have a slight tint in their side windows (not talking about the film, that can be added later, but the tint of the glass itself), and sometimes with a little color hue. Many Mercs have a slight blue hue, my car has slight green.

What car is it? If it's the E30, then it shouldn't have it probably.

Really? This exists?

Wow... you learn something new every day.

Now I must go and look for it. 30 years of driving and being driven in cars, from family wagons, coupes and various sports cars, I've never seen it...

But still, looking at the poll, people have voted that it's the same... or did I word my poll question in a confusing manner? :)

Really? This exists?

Wow... you learn something new every day.

Now I must go and look for it. 30 years of driving and being driven in cars, from family wagons, coupes and various sports cars, I've never seen it...

But still, looking at the poll, people have voted that it's the same... or did I word my poll question in a confusing manner? :)

I only discovered it a few weeks ago in my car. Fortunately, I didn't have to discuss whether it was realistic or not. :)

I have seen the different sky colour in the side view and screen view, it didn't look odd enough for me to notice it until it was mentioned. But to watch the clouds actually moving across the side window when sat still in the pits,, i did notice that :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

or is that my car rolling backwards :redface::whistling:

track cars and streetcars would have different glass/plastic in the windows. In track cars the side windows would be lightweight plastic, windscreens would be a lot tougher, as to the shading of each i don't know
street cars can have different glass in them for sure,

Last edited:
This must surely go to the top of the list of the most random thing a simracer has ever questioned or complained about??? :O_o:

Well, I thought I was onto something when I saw the vastly different colors on the side windows compared to the front. I mean, don't you think it's far, far more noticeable on the sim than in reality? (I still can't see it in real life.)

Also, I've been to Italy, but I don't remember the skies being azure blue and the grass being radioactive luminescent green... what I mean is that something is wrong with the way they correct colors in HDR, and their "use pageup/pagedown" responses is not the root cause of the problem, because it's more than just intensity.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%