• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peter Duivelaar, Oct 15, 2010.

1. I'm planning to buy a new system in the future, so my first question is:

Which version of Windows 7 should I buy?
    Premium, Professional or Ultimate?
    I only use it for gaming.

2. doesn't matter, it just have to be 64bit;)

3. So for gaming it doesn't matter if I choose the cheapest version?

4. nopes

actually come to think of it....surfspot does provide real cheap windows 7 bargain for students...you should check it out...highly recomended ;)

5. thanks for the advice Chris!

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

7. I just got a new system with windows 7 premium 64bit. One thing I would warn about which I didn't realise till I got it home - windows 7 operating system takes up about 36 gigabytes of memory. So I had ordered my machine with a 120 gig SSD (actual 111) and a 500 gig HD as storage. I was really suprised that I only had about 76 gigs left on the OS drive when it showed up....that is windows 7 though. It doesn't matter really because I couldn't afford any bigger Solid State Drive than the 120, and as long as I store most of my stuff on the second drive it will work out. I wouldn't give up the SSD at this point, boot up and shut down take less than 10 seconds. Photoshop starts in about 8 seconds, and all that is really satisfying compared to my old system. I could see myself getting older in the screen while I waited for it all to load. :)
    I am liking 7 though, it has a lot of nice features.

8. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

My Win7 X64 Home Premium is 23GB with a clean instal, so it's not so big.

9. I THINK THE 64 WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MORE RAM

10. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

You need to take advantage of Caps lock. :)