• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Dustin Barton, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Since the Windows 7 thread has been closed...is there any word on if compatibility has been fixed? I just downloaded the demo and it's not running. I have tried compatibility mode (XP SP3) and Admin permissions for the .exe and HID and still nothing. I got the HID key...we really like to get this to work so I can use this (and buy the full version after my trial).

2. Kytt

Kytt

Ratings:
    +7
    Windows 7 64bit is working fine here. Only thing i needed to do was to install latest directx and to give HID Admin permission to get the HID key.

3. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. Not working for me. I've given HID.exe permission AND put it in compatibility mode and the program still won't start.

4. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +16
    From memory, my situation was, I got a new hard drive but couldn't run BTB cause my license wasn't due for renewal, following that I built a whole new system and got win7 64. I then installed the BTB demo and I couldn't get it to work even though I set it as xp sp3 compatibility and to run as admin. Being used to not being able to use BTB due to the license I didn't follow it up anymore. Then when my license came for renewal I generated a key, submitted it, put it in the folder and BTB ran and worked fine ever since.

I don't know if this will help you but I thought I'd share it with you anyway in the hope that it might enlighten you.

5. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, nothing seems to be working. I have the HID generate it's file, I give permission to every .exe I can in the folder...and still nothing. I can't buy this if it doesn't even start up for me :(

6. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +16
    You say you had the HID generate it's file, do you mean it successfully generated a file? if so, that's the file you need to submit to get a license.

7. nullensc

nullensc

Ratings:
    +0
    Works for me on Win 7 64bit but I had to install it in a folder outside of the Program Files (x86) directory.

8. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    I need a license for the demo?

9. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    No. Nor do you need to do the HID generating for the demo.

10. Dustin Barton

Dustin Barton

Ratings:
    +0
    Good, didn't think so...still can't get this to work :(