Win7 SP1

SP1 should make all the older updates obsolete. This would mean just download SP1 and you should not have to download all the other 100+ updates :)

Just a quick note, I just spent the last day and a half with this frickin SP1.

If you ever used Driver Sweeper there's a slight chance you won't be able to install SP1 if it erased a few essential windows files related to ATI. Here's what I did in case anyone else has this problem. I did Option 3,

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338607

And if you still can't install

http://forum.phyxion.net/viewtopic.php?pid=99#p99

Pay particular attention to the comments section on the bottom with a post from "Cantoris"
17-02-2011 02:18:38

If I can save just one person from this SP1 hell...:tongue:

I don't trust any of those programs in auto mode, if I were to use one it would be in manual mode so I could confirm what was being deleted\changed. Interesting that Paul seems to be blaming MS or SP1 when the problem is caused by Driver Sweeper.

I don't trust any of those programs in auto mode, if I were to use one it would be in manual mode so I coud confirm what was being deleted\changed. Interesting that Paul seems to be blaming MS or SP1 when the problem is caused by Driver Sweeper.

I wasn't blaming MS or SP1. You're right I should have said "Driver Sweeper" hell :wink:

In regards to auto mode etc, sorry we're all not as proficient as you. I was only trying to save someone the hassle...

Any known side effects with this update for us gamers?

I've not come across any issues..............so far, kinda surprising as Service Packs have tended to cause a few headaches for people. I've used Windows since V3.0 and IMO Win 7 has probably been the best and most stable version to date, as a result I don't think this Service Pack is anything like as major an upgrade as previous incarnations, I haven't looked at the change log though.

i found a fix and got sp1 installed....

What was the problem mate and how did you fix it?, I thought that error code related to .NET issues?

Regards

every time i downloaded it gave an error so i googled the error #80200053, it lead me to a fix inside windows.. i didn't save the fix ...lol sorry but it worked, something that allows windows to evaluate windows update by scanning it, then it said it found the problem and fixed it...trying to remember and locate the fix...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%