Win RACE Series expansions by racing with RD!

Chris Butcher

Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion
We haven't run a competition here at RD for a little while, so it's time for another. Except this time with a little twist. This time, you will have to work for your prizes! We have 19 keys to give away for various expansions, and starting 1st October, we will be giving them away, at random, to people who finish racing club events.

Untitled-2.jpg

Here's how it works:
  • Event must achieve a full sign up for the competition to run
  • 2 keys per week are given away.
  • Drivers must complete the race distance to be eligible for the draw
  • Speed doesn't matter - prizes are given away randomly using a random number generator (explained below)
To decide who wins the prize, we are using random numbers, and allocating the prize based on finishing positions. Example below:
  • 25 sign ups
  • 20 finish the race
  • Random number generator run between 1 and 20 inclusive
  • For example, generator returns number 15. Prize is given to 15th place.
  • In the event that the generator returns me as the winner, I will run the generator again, and give it to that person.
The title of eligible events will note that a competition is running on that event. First event eligible for a competition, so long as it receives 25 sign ups, will run October 1st. Event thread will be up later tonight, and I can guarantee it's an event you will not want to miss!

Good initiative!

I have personally only attended 1 club race so far. What's holding me back a bit is all the mods i need to install for some of the events, taking me sometimes 2 days to download them because of the daily download limit. Also, the 2-race system i'm not too keen on. I'd rather see 1 longer race with, for instance, 1 mandatory pitstop and a fixed set of laps rather then 25 minutes. But thats just personal prefference.

Still a very good initiative which will hopefully draw some more people to the club events.

Good initiative!

I have personally only attended 1 club race so far. What's holding me back a bit is all the mods i need to install for some of the events, taking me sometimes 2 days to download them because of the daily download limit. Also, the 2-race system i'm not too keen on. I'd rather see 1 longer race with, for instance, 1 mandatory pitstop and a fixed set of laps rather then 25 minutes. But thats just personal prefference.

Still a very good initiative which will hopefully draw some more people to the club events.

Hi.
May be you should do more GT races then as they are normally I long race. Touring car races are normally 2 sprint races with reverse grid for race 2 and and sometimes a forced pitstop.

anyway back to topic: I think this is a nice plan to get full grids again. Nice one.

BTW about the number of sign ups. Is it only me who thinks the starting times have something to do with it? Because to me it seemed that when events started at 8pm CET, there were always more sign ups. I started a thread last year (or the year before, can't remember), about the exact same thing, I believe there was even a poll I put there. And I guess the american events also had more sign ups when they started half an hour later at 1:30 GMT. (to have consistency in my post, 3:30 CET), I'm shocked to see that most of those events don't even have signups or only a very few.

Just an idea. For me it would be definitely easier to make both events.

Otherwise I think it's fine now, I saw some pretty nice combinations nowadays.

I've never been to a race event but i am interested in signing up. I only own race 07 and no expansions. I own countless other games and gave up on race 07 as im only 15 and wasn't experienced. recently ive taken the time to get to know the game and found it quite rewarding to even finish a race in the top 10 unlike other games where i would be unsatisfied with anything lower than 3rd but it was always first id come by 2-3 laps unless i was knocked off the track.
SOZ FOR RAMBLING ON

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years