Win 10 update AC no longer works

Ok guys on Monday May 15, 2017 AC worked just fine:D. Tuesday May 16, 2017 windows updated and BAM AC quit working:unsure:. Did a rollback of Windows 10 build 1703 to the previous version that I was able to run Assetto Corsa on (on Monday) and now I'm having the same problem:mad:.

When I use the official AC launcher Menu Screen.JPG

I can get into the game, but when I go to drive, the loading screen
Loading Screen.JPG
appears for a few seconds and then goes straight back to the AC menu screen.

When I try and use Content Manager I get an error message that reads:
Error Message.JPG

Unfortunately my poor System Admin is yours truly:whistling::cry::mad::mad::mad:

This error message is a bad image message. When you investigate this it looks like it could be a virus or malware issue, but I've run scans with Avast and Malwarebytes and there is nothing suspicious on my PC.

I verified the integrity of game files 4 times. Everything checked out so it didn't fix anything. I then removed my acs.exe (it's the bad image file mentioned in above error message) and the msvcp.110.dll (again, above error) and ran an integrity check for the 5th time. Files were successfully replaced and still no fix.

I know I can do an uninstall and reinstall, but I really don't think that will fix the issue and I would hate to go through the pain of having to reinstall all of my DLC's and mods and it still not work. I think this should be my last resort. Not because I'm lazy, but because I think there is an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

So as of right now I'm dead in the water. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
One frustrated, confused and pissed off dude

Well on my g27 it was absolutely awful. What already was bad about the wheel got even worse. But the work of the creators is top notch and helped me to create my personal, handmade lut :)
Would you mind sharing your settings with me? If you don't want to do it here in this post you can always PM me here at RD. I would love to give it a try. Would also help me in the future with other guys that have questions.
Thanks man.

Would you mind sharing your settings with me? If you don't want to do it here in this post you can always PM me here at RD. I would love to give it a try. Would also help me in the future with other guys that have questions.
Thanks man.
Absolutely no problem. After investing almost 40 hours into my ffb settings I needed to share that to someone. So I wrote a little guide :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/
First post is "road car feel" with the "gamma-setting", very few details but really smooth without hard, kicking forces. I use these settings when friends wanna drive.
And as you will see I wrote another guide a few posts later for the custom lut (link in first post). The lut is stronger ffb with more details. Better for racing but harder to cruise with it :)

Last edited:
Absolutely no problem. After investing almost 40 hours into my ffb settings I needed to share that to someone. So I wrote a little guide :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/
First post is "road car feel" with the "gamma-setting", very few details but really smooth without hard, kicking forces. I use these settings when friends wanna drive.
And as you will see I wrote another guide a few posts later for the custom lut (link in first post). The lut is stronger ffb with more details. Better for racing but harder to cruise with it :)
Thank you so much. It's things like you've done that make the sim community such a great place to be.
Have a great night.

I had the same. Windows Creator update stuffed my system. Micro stutters and the game dropping to a black screen with the sound and wheel still working. I even tried a roll back of windows.

Not the best solution for everyone, but I did a Windows reset and all is good again.

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 1607.

I had the same. Windows Creator update stuffed my system. Micro stutters and the game dropping to a black screen with the sound and wheel still working. I even tried a roll back of windows.

Not the best solution for everyone, but I did a Windows reset and all is good again.

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro 1607.
I rolled back to 1607, but it didn't resolve the issue. Went back and did the update again so Windows is :) but I still had same problem:mad::mad::mad: Thank goodness for the 32 bit option. Doesn't make sense but at least it bought me time.
Thanks for your response

I haven't seen any hardware specs unless I have overlooked. It might help troubleshooting if you would post as much detail as possible.
One area in particular I would look at is your graphics driver. Do you do "clean" installs? Have to tried removing and reinstalling?
William, I did both. No change, but like I say I got it worked out...sort of. Good point...next time I have an issue I will put the specs in the post. Seems like I always forget something:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling: You know how it is when you're stressing, researching and doing. Sometimes you forget the little things.
Thanks for your response.

I gave AC a try last night but couldnt dial in the ffb, just checked on the simxperience website and Berney Villers (the owner) has been doing some testing of his own last night to try and work out why the accuforce is getting FFB spikes etc and has found an issue.
Heres what he posted about what he discovered.
"The other thing that's bothersome to me is that even on wickedly powerful systems, AC is logging messages about having late physics cycles, meaning the PC couldn't do what AC wanted it to in a timely manner. This is happening with or without Sim Commander and a late physics cycle can cause all manner of issues, including spikes."

I gave AC a try last night but couldnt dial in the ffb, just checked on the simxperience website and Berney Villers (the owner) has been doing some testing of his own last night to try and work out why the accuforce is getting FFB spikes etc and has found an issue.
Heres what he posted about what he discovered.
"The other thing that's bothersome to me is that even on wickedly powerful systems, AC is logging messages about having late physics cycles, meaning the PC couldn't do what AC wanted it to in a timely manner. This is happening with or without Sim Commander and a late physics cycle can cause all manner of issues, including spikes."
I sure hope you can get something worked out. Wish I could be of assistance:unsure:

Reactions: Bez

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years