Williams Latest Team to Confirm Car Launch Date

Paul Jeffrey

Premium

F1 Car Launch.jpg
Williams Mercedes have become the latest team to confirm the wraps off date of their 2018 contender, launching the all new FW41 on February 15th.

The once proud British outfit look set to be the first team to take the wraps off their new challenger for the year ahead, grabbing the early advantage as they beat the likes of Ferrari and Mercedes (February 22nd), McLaren (February 23rd) and Toro Rosso on the 25th.

Williams have already confirmed a new driving strength with Sergey Sirotkin replacing the retired Felipe Massa alongside Lance Stroll, and the former World Championship winning team will once again continue with the class leading Mercedes power unit as used by the reigning Constructors champions.

With just under one month to go until the first of the 2018 cars are made public, Formula One 2018 style is right around the corner...

Formula One car launch dates:

February 15th - Williams Mercedes
February 22nd - AMG Mercedes
February 22nd - Ferrari
February 23rd - McLaren Renault
February 25th - Toro Rosso Honda

TBC - Red Bull Tag Heuer
TBC - Force India Mercedes
TBC - Renault
TBC - Haas Ferrari
TBC - Alfa Romeo Sauber Ferrari

If you like your motorsport fast and open wheeled, check out the Formula One sub forum and get yourself in on the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new car launch season, or dreading seeing the first of the ugly 'Halo' generation?? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm sad to see a little more of the F1 soul die with the Halo introduction....

:(
I believe its good for safety reasons to try and implement something to protect the drivers ,
but personally I believe the Halo device is not the correct answer ,

why was all the teams allowed to test the Halo if they chose to , but why was only Vettel allowed to test the closed glass surround ?

I find it quite bias that a global sport listened to the personal opinions of one driver only ,
no matter who the driver is the sport is bigger than 1 person always will be ,

will this Halo device protect drivers from incidents that caused Massas injuries ? No ,
so why use the Halo :)

Expecting the 2018 car to look brilliant, and again pushing the boundary as the quickest f1 ever.
'Halo' being the downer though; not too bothered about it, and certainly not going to let it stop me watching F1, but there has got to be a better solution.

The new 2018 cars will show little difference to 2017 except for the intro of the disgusting looking halo, which will only protect from large airborne objects...... like wheels:rolleyes::speechless:, which you never see airborne since their tethered to the chassis for that very reason.
I agree with @aka2k "the future sucks" I'm hoping 2021 with the new regulations, more competitive cars and controlled budgets breathes new life back into the alleged pinnacle of motorsport where the driver holds the key to winning, not the budget of the team and how much R&D they can afford, sorry for being so negative but imo F1 is a pile of :poop: atm.

'Halo' being the downer though

Slightly off topic but for those of us who've seen the preview shots of the new FE car, looks like that's been given the halo look as well.

A shame, I was hoping they would go with the canopy treatment on the concept sketches.

Will be interesting to see what the aero screen on the Indycars will look like.

Last edited:
I worry that there is going to be a freak accident this year that involves the failure of the halo as a safety device, which would cause the F1 fan base to erupt with cockiness rather than sympathy and sadness.

Anybody see the new Williams? Looks better than the Haas IMO. Thought the sidepods were very aggressively shaped! They cut under by a long way and have a large 'dip' in the top, seems to be working on a theory similar to the coanda exhaust flow in the old blown diffuser days. Though all those aero parts and the halo at the front do make it look a little like someone forgot to take down the scaffolding when making it :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%