Williams FW31 probably gets NTMv5 next week

From the iRacing forum
Just a heads up that sometime next week we are very likely going to release the Williams car which will have V5 tires. (Sometime week of August 12) We wanted to put out a patch to help with a few other little bugs and also spent time on this car and decided to include it next week. We think will be happy with the improvements. Usually don't like changing cars mid-season, our apologies in that regard but think the pros outweigh the cons. It is also our World Championship level car so want to get the better car in their hands for the balance of the season and releasing it next week will give them 10 or more days before the next race.

Good racing

Tony
source: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3207942.page

I think it's good news for the Williams and WCS drivers.
I never drive the Williams myself (as I dislike F1), but from what I read on the forums it's pretty bad now.

I never drive the Williams myself (as I dislike F1), but from what I read on the forums it's pretty bad now.
It was the first impression after releasing the new build, but after figuring out the setups there was an agreement that it is rather a step forward. IMO main problem was, that Skippy and Lotus 49 feel so great on N5TM, that the top guys were jealous ;).

Out now, and sounds like you can take off from a standing start and wheelspin doesn't instantly throw you into a wall, among other improvements.

Here's hoping the sentiment remains once people start exploring the boundaries of the setups.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%