1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Williams FW-31 - Faints

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

2. I saw on their web site that it was scheduled for Season 4. Also noticed that they are already working on Spa. Could there be a package deal in the works?:D They seem to like to do bundles - Falcon/PI & Mustang/Mid-Ohio...

3. just hope they can get the sound right. thus far it seems sound is hit or miss in iracing for some things. still cant wait

4. +1 Their sound system in general seems to be their weakest link.

5. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

C6R sounds alright, not that I have driven one un rl but onboard camera from races in rl are close to what I hear in iRacing. I'm sure they will get it right. F1 engines has a very distinctive sound.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can't wait for this car, if its half as good as the IndyCar i am sold :)

7. A new sound engine is in the making for quite some time now, maybe for next build :)

8. They've done a really great job on most everything else so I'm hoping it's good. :) It's supposed to be a software solution, but hopefully that won't be too much of an issue since most people are running multi-core cpus these days...

9. I'm really looking forward to it. In some posts they've described some of the cool things they could do with the new sound system.

Here is a URL with some examples of what could be done. Realize though, it's just "examples". How a developer uses the developement kit is up to them. Very promising though.

http://www.sonory.org/examples.html

Here is a comparison of the major sound API's. iRacing has licensed FMOD, which is one of the ones compared in this video. It's very sophisticated.

10. :pray:

11. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Dario I watched that last night thanks to Will directing me to the iRacingTV. At 30s in ur link, I had to go change me pants. I tell ya this will be the only F1 car on Virtual Racing that members of the public can get to drive that will be the closest to the actual car in terms of physics.....ever.

12. Yes I think at last we'll be getting to drive a car that is as close to the real thing as possible with current tech.