F1 2011 Will you buy F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Will pirate it first and test it out, unless codemasters have decided to polish there game i wont be buying it

Well done for being part of the pathetic group who is trying to destroy PC gaming.

I don't mind paying a bit more on Steam, not to mention I can always ask a friend from the US to gift it for me and at the end it'll be below 30€. :)

I like all my games to be on Steam. :p

It'll be on Steam whether you get it via retail or not - but if you get it from shopto, you'll be saving quite a few quid.

Last year, I said that I wouldn't buy another CM game ever again and I stand by that. I'm much less bitter about F1 2010 than I used to be, I did have some good races sometimes, but the lack of balance and quality plus the attitude of the CM crew just leave me no choice. I have zero interest in 2011, no matter how much better it is. Judging from what I've seen, they've tweaked the color palette and the visuals, added more bull**** to the career but nothing about the grip and handling. A bit like Forza 4, actually.

I hope those who buy it enjoy the game, though. I'm nice like that.

Formula Masters at Spa for me. :p

No dedicated servers for online play?
Setups that are so very artificial, merely tweaking a pre-configured track setup?
Bugs that are not cured (or even created) by the likely one and only patch?

Not on your nelly and I should have stuck to what I thought as a result of similar issues with the TOCA series of games...

Yes that was an interesting interview. I am still concerned with KERS and DRS in F1 2011. I only have two buttons on my G25 steering wheel and I presently use one of them to look to see what is behind me in F1 2010. If I am forced to use one button for KERS and the other for DRS I guess I will need to remember what Franco said from the 1976 movie Gumball Rally.

"And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving" - Franco
[Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
"Whats-a behind me is not important" - Franco :cool:

Yes that was an interesting interview. I am still concerned with KERS and DRS in F1 2011. I only have two buttons on my G25 steering wheel and I presently use one of them to look to see what is behind me in F1 2010. If I am forced to use one button for KERS and the other for DRS I guess I will need to remember what Franco said from the 1976 movie Gumball Rally.

"And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving" - Franco
[Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
"Whats-a behind me is not important" - Franco :cool:

If the idea is to have a simulation of Formula 1, you'd never be able to turn your head 180 degrees to see behind you anyway. But I do use the option as I don't run with mirrors on... I cant complain using an XBOX 360 controller and people would complain even more if KERS and DRS weren't available. It's not as if they've developed the game for a specific controller either. I think it just depends on how serious you are about the game

A couple of days ago, I would've been a bit concerned about having enough buttons on my wheel to map for KERS, DRS as well as looking left and right, but now I've gone and got myself a Track IR 4 - so that will take care of any 'looking' issues - can't wait to try it out with F1 2010. :D

It's certainly not the best racing game I've played, at this moment that's iRacing by a mile, but it is in my top 10 for the overall experience.
Would have been much higher on the list with decent multiplayer (24 drivers online) and proper server support for PC.

I won't be pirating it, but I won't be buying it until I've tried it first. Be it a demo or instore at HMV or something. There is no place for pirates in the video game industry. Some of these developers make measly money, sometimes less than the national average, especially in the UK.

Helmet generator! Ha -ha good one :)
I'd like to add being able to change your agent and pit crew when you change teams as possible deal breakers too.
Oh well, I'd like to, but fact is Im still loving 2010 despite its flaws. Unless CM have totally broken the game Im going to be getting this.
Hell, Im gonna pre-order it for xbox 360 and if its worse than 2010 trade it in :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back