Will you buy Assetto Corsa?

I don't know yet. I bought netkar Pro though.

Last year I stopped playing games and sims and sold everything I could sell. I even tried to sell the race games I have. In januari of this year, I bought the SRW S1 steering wheel and I enjoy myself from time to time playing race games.

I'm not sure that I want to start all over again. It seems that I lost most of my interest in gaming.

Maybe assetto corsa will be the sim that gets me interested again? If so, I'll definitely buy it. But then I have to upgrade my OS to windows 7.

"Will you buy Assetto Corsa?"

Maybe reword that to "You will buy Assetto Corsa!". :p

It seems that this will be the sim of 2012, and it's likely that the vast majority of us will be driving it. It's Kunos for Pete's sake, you can't go wrong.

All that remains for me is to upgrade my circa-2009 PC to something more current!

Instantly on my to-buy list, and I get more and more excited every time I see a video or screenshot.

"Expected to be released in 2012"
In all my gaming years i know what "expected" means and i dont think we ever saw a simracing game come out within a year it was a announced. :)
Can be wrong offcourse. But i dont have my hopes up for 2012. :)

Guess it depends on how much content they plan to release at launch. I mean, I'd buy it with 5 tracks + 5 very different cars without even an ounce of disappointment if new cars and tracks to add and fill out the series came a little later on.

No matter when it is, I will first buy "CPU" of that time. Anyway I only hope it's not Haswell.

BTW I already since a few years ago seldom played racing games, the days I've played per year might be less than a week.
Even when I bought the FVA dlc pack last year I had played hard only for 2 days with F150 at Mugello, and stopped when around 7~8th in the rank and gave up calmly. (yeah they were great fun anyway, I really love mugello)

Nevertheless I will. I really enjoy watching racing as ever, and still interested in sims. Not sims of EA.

Maybe assetto corsa will be the sim that gets me interested again? If so, I'll definitely buy it. But then I have to upgrade my OS to windows 7.

I'd be surprised if AC's sim qualities are much better than FVA, but at least AC will have more cars and have SP mode/s....FVA is a beautiful driving experience, but there's not much game there.
Me, I could live with 15 tracks, but would always like at least 30 or so cars, but obviously a small team can't always deliver that on release, but who knows what happens with DLC/modding.

What would be interesting is if Kunos, Simbin and say Reiza merged and pooled their funds and talent to produce a much larger sim, this would have more of a widespread appeal by virtue of release day content among other things, but of course, it's probably best to let 2012 and early 2013 pass and see the sales results.

W7 is a very good OS btw.....it's probably at it's best with a SSD, but they're getting cheaper every few months.

If it has a good selection of normal cars i would buy it even at full price.If it does not have a good normal cars i would not buy it in any case.I love normal everyday sports cars.Netkar pro was amazing on many aspects but it did not have any normal cars at all..Or it had 1 if you count the ff abbarth..The ferrari gto was nice but it came very late.If this mentality carries on with asseto corsa it would be a real shame.I don't care about open wheelers and neither many other people.Give us a few nicely modeled and balanced cars and i would forget everything else.Just have a few iconic normal cars and everybody will love this game.A stock rx7/8,a mx5,a type r civic and integra,a few silvia's(s13 fastback,s14a and a s15),a skyline ,a supra,a mr2,a 350/370z,a gti golf,a audi tt,a few m3's...)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%