1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Will we see 20ies and 30ies someday?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by iwn, Jan 18, 2016.

1. iwn

I found this from the attic. It was quite a lot of fun over a decade ago.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium Member

Probably too hard to get much and useful infos about the cars to rebuilt them as realistic as other more modern mods? But I’d love to see a 16 cylinder Auto Union Type C to be honest. :D
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Isn't there supposed to be a Fangio Maserati coming sometime this year?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks

Possibly. I know you could find a lot of similar cars in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum (and even more in the basement) but I don't know how much data they'd let you gather. When I go to the vintage weekend there in the summers there are some privately owned cars like these that are still being raced and I'd bet those guys would be happy to provide any data they could. Easier said than done, of course, but I'd love to race these old death-traps for sure!
  5. The 1937 Grand Prix season was one of the greatest ever, the cars were technical marvels, absolute beasts. Everyone talks about the late 80s turbo era with Mansell, Senna and Prost but the late 30s were equally dramatic with drivers like Rosemeyer, Caracciola and Nuvolari manhandling 500+bhp monsters.

I'd love to drive a Kunos Auto Union Type C, Alfa 12C, Mercedes W125 or Maserati 6CM.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. On Avus, please!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lily Starfox

Lily Starfox
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016