1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will they ever learn!?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

A few months back there was a kind request from SimBin not to convert RACE 07 content into competing titles or titles that have been released previously by them.
    So far almost every modgroup honored this code (applause!) but still some jokers can't stick to the rules and convert (steal) stuff from RACE 07 and put it into GTR 2.

2. That is a little absurd. Why does virtualr event post that news??
  3. Bram

Can't blame the messenger i think. Why is RMi creating that mod i wonder?
  4. RMi are registered on this site - let's see what they have to say.
  5. Wait a sec... I just read this in the comments, from Montoya:

6. Bram

Isnt it a backward conversion?

Permissioned? I highly doubt that SimBin permissioned a conversion after this...

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Strange logic indeed to classify this as a "forward conversion".
  8. i thought simbin were on about converting say from race 07 to rfactor. if both products are made by the same company, surely its less of an issue?
  9. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

It is less of an issue but it still is a problem.
  10. plain and simple stealing cuz it is a backward conversion from a newer title to a older. and that i think SimBin did not want. you could always convert some gtr2 stuff over to race07 but not from race07 to gtr2 so in my book this mod is illigal
  11. one thing to add .. and then ppl wondering why we just get expansions to the isi engien and not the real deal ( lizzard in that case)
  12. I do remember a statement from Simbin saying that "forward conversions" from their back catalogue to newer titles was fine and that "backwards conversion" from their newer titles to back catalogue could be done once the newer title had been officially released for a year.

Obviously and fairly conversion to other titles like rFactor is a big NO NO.

I may be wrong, but I have to admit that I've been going by that understanding for some time (not that I'm a modder or capable of conversions myself) to be their official standing on this matter:skywalker:
  13. Bram

Can you link us to that statement? If that's true then that would be a real shock to me :( I can only come up with a reason that it is allowed with a proper cd check which is not the fact with this mod, right?
  14. Well, in any matter, the race content shouldn't be converted by any others than SimBin themselves.
  15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Even with a CD check, I'd still find this not cool at all. (because CD checks get removed)

I agree with Niels, conversions suck.
  16. Bram

Amen, i dont find it a proper solution either. But that is so far the only type of conversion that works at least (see power and glory mod for GTR2).
    But in basic it's all stealing to me..

17. I seem to remember that as well. But I cannot find a link to where I read it.
  18. To be honest I just find SimBin to be a bunch of stuck-up pricks. So what if people in GTR 2 want the Radicals?

Just my opinion.

19. Ummmm wow.

That statement is wrong in so many ways.....

20. if they want the radicals they should for god sake buy the game that contains them and not steal them plain and simple