1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there be a damage model?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Omer Said, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

At preview videos, at F1's official site, at twitter, cody forums etc... NO one talks about the damage modeling and i have never seen even a little contact or collision at videos (ok in videos it maybe about teams don't want to see their car crashed).

But at Formula1's website, where the game's feature listed, there is no damage modeling in features. So will this be like that crappy Sony f1 games' damage model??? :frown:

2. Cant remember where I posted but I posted somewhere. In one of the dev diarys (or I think it was interview with RSC) they said about having to texture some parts of the underneath skin like engine, sus parts I guess for when a cover or bodywork breaks off somehow.

Also in one of the dev diarys there is a pic of a FI in Monaco slides into the barrier a little and front wing comes off (realistically like endplates first etc, not just 1 piece).

3. Check out Dev Diary 2 towards the end :)

4. Omer Said

Omer Said

I checked out Dev diary 2 and yes there is crash, very short scene. But the front wing really crashes realisticly it seems. I hope there will be a nice damage model it seems :)

5. Yes, there will be damage in-game. I believe it will go as far as to see all the way down to the cell.

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

As in, the indestructible cockpit will remain after a really nasty crash, and the rest of the car is littered all over the track? NIIIICCCEEE!!!

7. A certain someone told me there will (hopefully) be a damage video up on youtube later today/early tomorrow. Be sure to keep an eye on the following account; http://www.youtube.com/michaelvigars

9. shame he didnt film the crashing into the wall see how far down the damage goes at the front but maybe it didnt look that good so didnt show. Nice video though

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I thought F1 wheels where not allowed to detach from the vehicle. In this movie the right front wheel does.

Edit: In all movies the wheels come off :(

12. Why they wouldnt be allowed?

EDIT: ah, I see, do you mean that you can broke the wheel but it never will leave the vehicle construction?

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes in modern F1 the wheels are mounted to the car with some safety device. You'll get severly punished (when you are called Renault :)) when it comes of the car.

14. The wheels obviously can come off because they change them during the race. Renault didn't put the nut on properly so it came off. If the nut doesn't come off the wheels are tethered to try to stop them flying into the crowd. This method is not 100% effective - wheels still become detatched in accidents.

In this video the wheel doesn't fly very far - not sure if its tethered or not. Simulating a tether won't be easy.

15. Omer Said

Omer Said

Hmm why ai takes no damage? In all videos only the player's car gets damage. I hope that's just a disabled setting and can be enabled ingame.

16. Omer Said

Omer Said

Ok i got my complete answer with this video:

Omg! Great physics! I will have great fun with creating massive first turn crashes! :D:D (Of course with ai, not online crashing, that's bad! tuk tuk tuk)

17. smasha

smasha
    Premium Member

Simmers being negative again?

LOL.