F1 2011 Will the Patch Affect Mods Installed?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
This will be my first experience with mods installed and having a patch come out. If for example, the patch will "tune the AI", will it not adjust some of the same settings already in place in my AI mod?

thanks

Thanks for that! Do you also happen to have the 1.0 database? I tried to find it on google but no luck.

edit: nvm, got it from ML

and after comparing the files it seems like the new database and the 1.0 database are the same :S

So far we haven't found anything broken from changing the flow and I hope it stays that way.

On a side note, I'm glad that the AI are finally having DNFs and mistakes. Before I'd set the probability for those to happen to 1.0 and they would only have little mistakes or maybe a DNF every once in a while. Now, with 1.0 almost the whole field DNFed in 6 laps. Looks like CM had to change something in the code to allow them to actually work. Seems like it was mostly turned off before patch 2.

So far we haven't found anything broken from changing the flow and I hope it stays that way.

On a side note, I'm glad that the AI are finally having DNFs and mistakes. Before I'd set the probability for those to happen to 1.0 and they would only have little mistakes or maybe a DNF every once in a while. Now, with 1.0 almost the whole field DNFed in 6 laps. Looks like CM had to change something in the code to allow them to actually work. Seems like it was mostly turned off before patch 2.

Ryder, could you confirm which setting you are altering to set the probablity of DNFs and mistakes please? . On the ai_driver tab, Mistakes & Mech failures are already set at 1 in the default database so are you changing something else?

Thanks
:)

probabilities for AI failures and mistakes are in ai_chorerographer.xml in the ai folder.

I have been hitting a little road block with tuning the AI speed. Especially in the rain. Can someone please confirm that the player has severely more grip in a full wet race than in full wet qualifying?
Because if I tune them to my race speed they will be about a second too fast in qualifiying (which is kind of a problem with the 11/11 bug fixed). Much worse, with the out of sight Bug fixed, the fast cars don't have enough grip somehow to drive those times end will end up in midfield with tier 2 or 3 cars in front.

@ RowingAce, I don't know what your status is but did you notice that your out of sight fix doesn't work anymore?! With 1.06 they are now 2 seconds slower out of sight.
I did some tests in the last days and found out, that the ideal value is now near 1.13. And I noticed that in your ai_driver_config more changes which effects the AI. That's why I took the original ai_driver_config and just changed the one value to 1.13. Works pretty good so far also in Qualifying and also for Tier 1.

Edit: btw. Mod forum is still there. It's just not visible :D
Link

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%