• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Will my PC run Pcars 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by menacegtr, Sep 21, 2017.

1. menacegtr

menacegtr

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi to you all. I know about the minimum specs to run Pcars 2 but i thought i would ask anyone who has been maybe testing this game with a PC near what i have
    FX 8350 @4.7GHZ
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    16 Gig Ram
    Windows 10
    And one 27" 1080p at 60FPS vsync
    I have tried VR but get massive motion sickness so sent back the Rift, they were kind enough to let me test it
    At the moment all the current race sims run on my system at a solid 60FPS vsync at their highest settings, so i would hopefully like to keep my system as it is. I don't want to upgrade the card and the CPU just to run Pcars 2. I don't play any other games except racing sims. I would appreciate anyone who may be near my specs who has been testing this game to give me some idea unless any of you with experience with pc's can say if i can get decent frames with what i have got. Thanks for any advice
    Regards. Dave:

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,264
    I am sure youll be fine....just an update and some new features added to the pc1 engine.
    I run a i7 2600 with evga gtx 970 ssc with a 34 inch dell ultra wide monitor 3440 x 1440 and i get 80-120 fps with med settings in the rain with 20 ai in pc1

3. menacegtr

menacegtr

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for your reply, that sounds very encouraging. I will wait a week or so after launch to see what others will say on youtube reviews. Much appreciated
    Dave

4. rw3

rw3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    I’m running VR just fine on a similar setup so yeah you’ll have no trouble.

5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,264
    for what it's worth I've been playing for over an hr with the same settings from pc1 and I am getting roughly the same performance.....Game looks a lot better than pc1 aswell :)