Will moving tracks to different categories cause online problems?

Yet another question from me.
My track categories list is getting too long, even with a couple "repeat" categories (different spellings it seems) .. it's getting a little hard to read even.
So what I'd like to do is change the categories of a few of the tracks. However, I'm concerned that that might cause problems trying to join online servers using these tracks. .. Is that the case?
Also, I'm not really sure what I'd have to change or where .. so if this WON'T cause any online problems, I'd appreciate input as to how too.
Thanks in advance! :cool:

Yes, it will, sadly. You'll automatically be kicked from the server due to suspicion of cheating - I tried the same thing because of mods using different categories.

The file to edit would be the *.gdb file in GameData\Locations\<Track>, the line to change is "Category=ABC123"

I was a big fan of SRM, which I still use for most platforms, except Race07.
I rather use JSGME now ... as it can install mods and detect conflicts before installing.

More safety for the stock game as all expansions are extracted in the stock game now.
Question of own choice of course. ;)
Most still existing conflicts happen with STCC2 installed. Easier before, just moving the gcf file from game for a while to another place....but now ... impossible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%