1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will moving tracks to different categories cause online problems?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Vaughn Stegeman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Yet another question from me.
    My track categories list is getting too long, even with a couple "repeat" categories (different spellings it seems) .. it's getting a little hard to read even.
    So what I'd like to do is change the categories of a few of the tracks. However, I'm concerned that that might cause problems trying to join online servers using these tracks. .. Is that the case?
    Also, I'm not really sure what I'd have to change or where .. so if this WON'T cause any online problems, I'd appreciate input as to how too.
    Thanks in advance! :cool:

2. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Yes, it will, sadly. You'll automatically be kicked from the server due to suspicion of cheating - I tried the same thing because of mods using different categories.

The file to edit would be the *.gdb file in GameData\Locations\<Track>, the line to change is "Category=ABC123"

3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thanks guys, question answered. i'll just deal with it then .. i am using sim racing manager, but don't like to move my tracks in and out, just my cars (to resolve conflicts)
    Given the unfortunate answer, I consider this thread closed. :)

5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I keep Race 07 Stock and only move in the mods and tracks as and when I need them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

I was a big fan of SRM, which I still use for most platforms, except Race07.
    I rather use JSGME now ... as it can install mods and detect conflicts before installing.

More safety for the stock game as all expansions are extracted in the stock game now.
    Question of own choice of course. ;)
    Most still existing conflicts happen with STCC2 installed. Easier before, just moving the gcf file from game for a while to another place....but now ... impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, I've long used JSGME for other games. Not sure why I didn't do that with Race 07 ... someday, when I re-install everything, I will indeed do that. Too late now tho.