Will mods be in the console?

I've not seen any official statement but I seriously doubt that console version would allow mods. Similar to other titles I'd expect official DLC's only to be available, nothing more.

100% no. Far too many issues to even consider.

I just noticed most of the tracks I use are mods. Spa and Brands Hatch are the only ones I use regularly from the core tracks.

Similar, but not so much, with cars. Certainly for F1, they are all (excellent) mods.

But, what console players don't know, won't hurt them.

I mean it could happen, Bethesda's doing it with Fallout 4. That said it'd be up to Kunos to support it and I doubt it'd be worth their time investment. Like said above, best go PC for mods.

I mean it could happen, Bethesda's doing it with Fallout 4. That said it'd be up to Kunos to support it and I doubt it'd be worth their time investment. Like said above, best go PC for mods.

Except Fallout wont have a single shred of "licensed" content that is available as mods.

Everything that could potentially release as a mod for AC would be a real world track, or a real world car... and you wont get away with releasing those as mods officially without some hefty licensing fees attached. ;)

Apples and oranges and such.

The console crowd who didn't have contact with these things and sim-racing etc are going to be really pissed off. The official content is quite limited, it's probably a good idea that Kunos hint on such "details" in order to avoid the angry mob.

The console crowd who didn't have contact with these things and sim-racing etc are going to be really pissed off. The official content is quite limited, it's probably a good idea that Kunos hint on such "details" in order to avoid the angry mob.
Any mod content on consoles would need to be just fantasy work, because mods (cars, tracks, skins) on consoles would get moderated, which means they wouldn't be allowed, since the mods don't have any license from the owners.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.6%