F1 2011 Will F1 2011 run on my PC?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 255 (dual core) @ 3.1GHz
RAM: 4GB (DDR3 I think)
GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB (DDR2 version I think)

Windows Experience Index
Processor - Calculations per second: 5.6
Memory (RAM) - Memory operations per second: 5.9
Graphics - Desktop performance for Windows Aero: 4.2
Gaming Graphics - 3D business and gaming graphics performance: 4.8
Primary Hard disk - Disk data transfer rate: 5.9

Windows Vista Business 32-bit with SP2.

If it does work, what graphics settings?

Will I be able to get a hard copy for PC in somewhere like GAME or will I have to get a Steam account?

I really want it on PC, I just upgraded my GPU and I don't want to get the Xbox version (again) because I have a wheel for PC. Also, my Xbox Live account isn't Gold level, therefore I want to get the PC version so I can race with RD. :)

I suggest it will play the same as 2010 does. The reason I suggest this is because its another console port, and 2010 was pretty close to maxing out Xbox, so there isnt much headroom for improvement.

The only way I believe there will be 'better' detail, is if they code it more efficiently and therefore gain some headroom that way - if they do, it will break even on specs again.
Possibly DX11 will be more polished, but again without massive rework it will be pretty much as per console limits.

Save your pennies to upgrade once the new range of graphics cards hit end of 2011, early 2012. It will be worth it regardless of whether you want the new ATI 7900 series, or to just grab a cheap 6970 as its no longer top of the line. Also the new Intel 'Ivybridge' processors, and I believe ATI will have some too will be appearing around the same time.

Of course thats just my opinions, based largely on fact. :D

2011 Minimum Specifications

• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
• 2GB Ram
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800/Radeon X1800 or higher
• DirectX Compatible Soundcard or onboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

2011 Recommended Specifications for DX11

• Windows 7
• DirectX 11
• Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II x4
• 4GB Ram
• Graphics Card: GeForce GTX460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850
• DirectX Compatible Soundcard or onboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Network Requirements

• Broadband internet connection required (512kbps+ recommended)
• TCP/IP Network

Supported Graphics Cards

• ATI Radeon x1800, x1900, x1950, HD2400, HD2600, HD2900, HD3XXX Series, HD4XXX Series, HD5XXX Series, HD6XXX Series

• NVIDIA Geforce 7800, 7900, 7950, 7950Gx2, 8400, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800Gx2, GeForce 210, GT220, GTS250, GTX2XX Series, GTX4XX Series, GTX5XX Series

• Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. laptops).

cant wait to get my copy. just hoping i can run it. playing f1 2010 ok on full and high settings.

my spec
windows 7. 64bit
AMD3 Phenom II X4 B40 Processor. @ 3.1GHz
mem G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel
gpu xfx ati radeon hd 6770 1gb gddr5

Windows Experience Index
Processor - Calculations per second: 7.3
Memory (RAM) - Memory operations per second: 7.3
Graphics - Desktop performance for Windows Aero: 7.4
Gaming Graphics - 3D business and gaming graphics performance: 7.4
Primary Hard disk - Disk data transfer rate: 5.9

i was slow at posting as jan has posted specs lol

I'm debating whether or not to get the PC or console version. Here's my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 2630
Nvidia GT540M 2gb
6gb Ram

I know they meet the requirements, but I'm really picky about graphics. I just got this laptop but I'm not huge into PC gaming so I don't know how well it will run games like this. If it isn't able to run smoothly on high settings, then I'll just get the console version. What do you guys think?

I'm debating whether or not to get the PC or console version. Here's my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 2630
Nvidia GT540M 2gb
6gb Ram

I know they meet the requirements, but I'm really picky about graphics. I just got this laptop but I'm not huge into PC gaming so I don't know how well it will run games like this. If it isn't able to run smoothly on high settings, then I'll just get the console version. What do you guys think?

You should have not any problem even on high settings.Relax and enjoy the game.:rolleyes:

Is this going to work on my pc??Because I could run low settings(not very low) very good but will it be the same in 2011?

There's a lot of people who already benchmark it.Compared to 2010 they even have better statistics with 2011 using the same hardware.But in your case ,depends of course which graphic settings you gonna turn off.
Check in the net about that.
P.S You have not post in here nothing about your PC specifications.

Hang on Michael, how does your processor get a higher rating than mine, when yours is slower? (mine is 3.1 GHz, yours is 2.5 GHz)

Because your processor is a totally different architecture to his, they are made by different companies. The power of a processor is not determined solely by it's main frequency. Which is why in the days of Pentium 4 the Athlons had much lower frequencies but were able to compete, yet a lot of people bought the Pentium 4 because of the bigger numbers on the box.

CPU: Intel T4400 dual core 2.2 ghz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: ATI Radeon 5650 1 gb.
I'm running the game on medium settings minimum and 2-3 options on high.No problems at all.Benchmark result at Monaco was 25 FPS /critical 17.
I have some tearing sometimes but really rarely.
Just to have an idea guys , because as the system requirements says, my processor dо not meet even the minimum settings to play the game.

CPU: Intel e8400 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB (DDR3)
GPU: GeForce 460GTX 1GB

Runs poorly 1280x720 (Low Settings).
Always under 50FPS. Min FPS in 30FPS.
I think the issue is the processor which is a 2-core one.

That's a decent processor. I used to have that processor and it never really held me back when it came to gaming. I have the same GPU but in SLI, it's a shame I no longer use that CPU. I will still try a test with SLI disabled, and see what performance I get tonight.

I'm quite pleased with the performance,
on the built in benchmark it achieved 30 to 33 fps minimum and 40 or slightly above average (that's from some 3 different runs, with the AI race varying considerably)

resolution 1280x1024, details set to Ultra (but in DX9 mode) with AA 2x,
VGA=HD5750 slightly overclocked from 700/1150 to 750/1250
CPU=Pentium E5400 overclocked from 2.7 to 3.75GHz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back