F1 2011 Will F1 2010 mods work with F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Do you modders have any idea if F1 2010 mods will work with F1 2011? Will the engine be changed that much - if not, surely a lot of mods would work, such as the Camera mods, etc? From what I'm hearing at Codies' forum, the in car cam will be just as static as it was last year and I'm now used to driving with Race Dev's excellent head movement mods. :)

Edit: Would it be possible to make a mod like this - from GP4?

gp4_18.jpg

We will have to wait for word from CM (which is very unlikely) or until the game is released. I am guessing that most of the mods should be able to work with F1 2011 since it will use the same engine as F1 2010 (and dirt 1, dirt 2, dirt 3). I think that the cameras have the most chance, then maybe the lighting? Maybe PM T4RG4 on CM forums and see what he has to say. The game is still 4 months away so who knows.

edit: did a bit of reading on the CM forums and by the sounds of things they have overhauled the lighting and ai so I don't think any of those mods will work. Hopefully someone (modders) with a better knowledge will be able to elaborate?

We will have to wait for word from CM (which is very unlikely) or until the game is released. I am guessing that most of the mods should be able to work with F1 2011 since it will use the same engine as F1 2010 (and dirt 1, dirt 2, dirt 3). I think that the cameras have the most chance, then maybe the lighting? Maybe PM T4RG4 on CM forums and see what he has to say. The game is still 4 months away so who knows.

edit: did a bit of reading on the CM forums and by the sounds of things they have overhauled the lighting and ai so I don't think any of those mods will work. Hopefully someone (modders) with a better knowledge will be able to elaborate?

Yeah, I don't expect any lighting mods to work, but going by the shots, they won't be needed this year. I'm thinking more of things like the Race Dev camera mods - I can't imagine playing F1 with the default static view (unless Codies include head movement themselves).

Edit: What about the helmet cam view - do any modders think that might be possible?

Seeing as CM do not support modding of their games, I doubt they will comment on this.

That's why I didn't bother posting it there - I'm well aware of their stance on modding. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back